Jan 10, 2011, 12:01 PM EDT
Boston is one of the few teams playing on Monday night, with the NBA not scheduling much against the BCS championship game. Actually, Boston hopes that its game against Houston is lower scoring than Auburn vs. Oregon.
Kevin Garnett did not go through shootaround Monday morning. While he is still officially questionable for Monday’s game, this is a sign he may well miss another game.
“When I’m not playing, I hate talking hoops, so sorry for not blogging. You know how when you ain’t a part of something, it hurts to talk about it. That’s how I feel. Know what I mean?
“Don’t get it messed up, just cause I ain’t playing don’t mean I’m not working out. I’m working super hard and feeling good…. After the (last Celtics) game, Dr. looked at my leg and we’re close. Real close to getting back.”
Real close may not mean Monday, however.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 10
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 9
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 39
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10