Jan 10, 2011, 12:01 PM EST
Boston is one of the few teams playing on Monday night, with the NBA not scheduling much against the BCS championship game. Actually, Boston hopes that its game against Houston is lower scoring than Auburn vs. Oregon.
Kevin Garnett did not go through shootaround Monday morning. While he is still officially questionable for Monday’s game, this is a sign he may well miss another game.
“When I’m not playing, I hate talking hoops, so sorry for not blogging. You know how when you ain’t a part of something, it hurts to talk about it. That’s how I feel. Know what I mean?
“Don’t get it messed up, just cause I ain’t playing don’t mean I’m not working out. I’m working super hard and feeling good…. After the (last Celtics) game, Dr. looked at my leg and we’re close. Real close to getting back.”
Real close may not mean Monday, however.
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 0
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 4
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 5
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (39)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)