Jan 10, 2011, 12:01 PM EST
Boston is one of the few teams playing on Monday night, with the NBA not scheduling much against the BCS championship game. Actually, Boston hopes that its game against Houston is lower scoring than Auburn vs. Oregon.
Kevin Garnett did not go through shootaround Monday morning. While he is still officially questionable for Monday’s game, this is a sign he may well miss another game.
“When I’m not playing, I hate talking hoops, so sorry for not blogging. You know how when you ain’t a part of something, it hurts to talk about it. That’s how I feel. Know what I mean?
“Don’t get it messed up, just cause I ain’t playing don’t mean I’m not working out. I’m working super hard and feeling good…. After the (last Celtics) game, Dr. looked at my leg and we’re close. Real close to getting back.”
Real close may not mean Monday, however.
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 0
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 17
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 8
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15