Jan 9, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
The Suns have signed Zabian Dowdell of the Tulsa 66ers for the first D-League call-up of the season.
I know what you’re thinking. What’s a Zabian Dowdell?
To me, a Zabian Dowdell sounds like either A. A Turkish-made vacuum cleaner, B. a Russian automobile, or C. a foreign diplomat who may or may not be the target of a vast conspiracy which only our hero can stop. In reality, he’s a 6-3, 190 lb. guard who played in Europe before coming to the 66ers last season. He also played for the Suns in Summer League, hence their familiarity with him.
According to Synergy Sports, Dowdell was solid in transition and as a spot-up shooter in Tulsa, but struggled in the pick and roll. Not that he’s likely to get much time at the end of the bench. The Suns have never really pushed much with D-League players, so this may end up being a temporary solution.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 20
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 12