Jan 9, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
The Suns have signed Zabian Dowdell of the Tulsa 66ers for the first D-League call-up of the season.
I know what you’re thinking. What’s a Zabian Dowdell?
To me, a Zabian Dowdell sounds like either A. A Turkish-made vacuum cleaner, B. a Russian automobile, or C. a foreign diplomat who may or may not be the target of a vast conspiracy which only our hero can stop. In reality, he’s a 6-3, 190 lb. guard who played in Europe before coming to the 66ers last season. He also played for the Suns in Summer League, hence their familiarity with him.
According to Synergy Sports, Dowdell was solid in transition and as a spot-up shooter in Tulsa, but struggled in the pick and roll. Not that he’s likely to get much time at the end of the bench. The Suns have never really pushed much with D-League players, so this may end up being a temporary solution.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 7
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 9
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9