Jan 9, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
The Suns have signed Zabian Dowdell of the Tulsa 66ers for the first D-League call-up of the season.
I know what you’re thinking. What’s a Zabian Dowdell?
To me, a Zabian Dowdell sounds like either A. A Turkish-made vacuum cleaner, B. a Russian automobile, or C. a foreign diplomat who may or may not be the target of a vast conspiracy which only our hero can stop. In reality, he’s a 6-3, 190 lb. guard who played in Europe before coming to the 66ers last season. He also played for the Suns in Summer League, hence their familiarity with him.
According to Synergy Sports, Dowdell was solid in transition and as a spot-up shooter in Tulsa, but struggled in the pick and roll. Not that he’s likely to get much time at the end of the bench. The Suns have never really pushed much with D-League players, so this may end up being a temporary solution.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 15
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9