Jan 9, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
The Suns have signed Zabian Dowdell of the Tulsa 66ers for the first D-League call-up of the season.
I know what you’re thinking. What’s a Zabian Dowdell?
To me, a Zabian Dowdell sounds like either A. A Turkish-made vacuum cleaner, B. a Russian automobile, or C. a foreign diplomat who may or may not be the target of a vast conspiracy which only our hero can stop. In reality, he’s a 6-3, 190 lb. guard who played in Europe before coming to the 66ers last season. He also played for the Suns in Summer League, hence their familiarity with him.
According to Synergy Sports, Dowdell was solid in transition and as a spot-up shooter in Tulsa, but struggled in the pick and roll. Not that he’s likely to get much time at the end of the bench. The Suns have never really pushed much with D-League players, so this may end up being a temporary solution.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49