Jan 9, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
The Suns have signed Zabian Dowdell of the Tulsa 66ers for the first D-League call-up of the season.
I know what you’re thinking. What’s a Zabian Dowdell?
To me, a Zabian Dowdell sounds like either A. A Turkish-made vacuum cleaner, B. a Russian automobile, or C. a foreign diplomat who may or may not be the target of a vast conspiracy which only our hero can stop. In reality, he’s a 6-3, 190 lb. guard who played in Europe before coming to the 66ers last season. He also played for the Suns in Summer League, hence their familiarity with him.
According to Synergy Sports, Dowdell was solid in transition and as a spot-up shooter in Tulsa, but struggled in the pick and roll. Not that he’s likely to get much time at the end of the bench. The Suns have never really pushed much with D-League players, so this may end up being a temporary solution.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 12
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 41
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31