Jan 9, 2011, 9:13 PM EDT
Grant Hill limped off the court in the first half of the Suns game against the Cavaliers Sunday for what is being described by the team as a “mild” knee sprain.
He collided with Manny Harris while going after a long outlet pass and is not returning to this game. Smart money would have him questionable for Tuesday against the Nuggets (and whatever they look like by then). That said, it doesn’t seem serious and after an injury-plagued middle of his career, Hill has been an iron man, missing just one game in the two seasons before this one.
Hill has been good for the Suns this season, averaging an efficient 14.5 points per game. If he does miss time it will show on a Suns team that is already struggling.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29