Jan 9, 2011, 9:13 PM EDT
Grant Hill limped off the court in the first half of the Suns game against the Cavaliers Sunday for what is being described by the team as a “mild” knee sprain.
He collided with Manny Harris while going after a long outlet pass and is not returning to this game. Smart money would have him questionable for Tuesday against the Nuggets (and whatever they look like by then). That said, it doesn’t seem serious and after an injury-plagued middle of his career, Hill has been an iron man, missing just one game in the two seasons before this one.
Hill has been good for the Suns this season, averaging an efficient 14.5 points per game. If he does miss time it will show on a Suns team that is already struggling.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 7
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 13
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34