Jan 7, 2011, 1:38 PM EST
At last summer’s USA Basketball tryout and camp, some of the best players walking the planet were in awe of JaVale McGee’s pure athleticism. In a league filled with freak athletes, McGee stands out. Unfortunately, his mind and his game are a long ways from catching up with his body can do.
But that athleticism makes him a perfect candidate for the Dunk Contest, which McGee will take part in next month.
He’s already started practicing for the contest, as seen below in this video from Comcast Washington (he’d better be working on stuff if he’s going to beat Blake Griffin). Personally, I think the dunk where he grabs the piece of paper out of the net with his teeth while dunking is a keeper.
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 3
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 1
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 7
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 12
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)