Jan 7, 2011, 1:38 PM EDT
At last summer’s USA Basketball tryout and camp, some of the best players walking the planet were in awe of JaVale McGee’s pure athleticism. In a league filled with freak athletes, McGee stands out. Unfortunately, his mind and his game are a long ways from catching up with his body can do.
But that athleticism makes him a perfect candidate for the Dunk Contest, which McGee will take part in next month.
He’s already started practicing for the contest, as seen below in this video from Comcast Washington (he’d better be working on stuff if he’s going to beat Blake Griffin). Personally, I think the dunk where he grabs the piece of paper out of the net with his teeth while dunking is a keeper.
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 14
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0