Jan 7, 2011, 1:38 PM EST
At last summer’s USA Basketball tryout and camp, some of the best players walking the planet were in awe of JaVale McGee’s pure athleticism. In a league filled with freak athletes, McGee stands out. Unfortunately, his mind and his game are a long ways from catching up with his body can do.
But that athleticism makes him a perfect candidate for the Dunk Contest, which McGee will take part in next month.
He’s already started practicing for the contest, as seen below in this video from Comcast Washington (he’d better be working on stuff if he’s going to beat Blake Griffin). Personally, I think the dunk where he grabs the piece of paper out of the net with his teeth while dunking is a keeper.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30