Jan 7, 2011, 1:38 PM EDT
At last summer’s USA Basketball tryout and camp, some of the best players walking the planet were in awe of JaVale McGee’s pure athleticism. In a league filled with freak athletes, McGee stands out. Unfortunately, his mind and his game are a long ways from catching up with his body can do.
But that athleticism makes him a perfect candidate for the Dunk Contest, which McGee will take part in next month.
He’s already started practicing for the contest, as seen below in this video from Comcast Washington (he’d better be working on stuff if he’s going to beat Blake Griffin). Personally, I think the dunk where he grabs the piece of paper out of the net with his teeth while dunking is a keeper.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 23
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49