Jan 7, 2011, 1:38 PM EDT
At last summer’s USA Basketball tryout and camp, some of the best players walking the planet were in awe of JaVale McGee’s pure athleticism. In a league filled with freak athletes, McGee stands out. Unfortunately, his mind and his game are a long ways from catching up with his body can do.
But that athleticism makes him a perfect candidate for the Dunk Contest, which McGee will take part in next month.
He’s already started practicing for the contest, as seen below in this video from Comcast Washington (he’d better be working on stuff if he’s going to beat Blake Griffin). Personally, I think the dunk where he grabs the piece of paper out of the net with his teeth while dunking is a keeper.
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 4
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 58
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (93)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights