Jan 7, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
Doc Rivers had all sorts of good news for Celtics fans in his pregame press conference on Friday night before his team took on the Raptors.
The first, slid in to his comments almost casually, is that Kevin Garnett could be back from his calf injury on Monday. That would fit with the two-week timetable the Celtics announced when he got injured. If he does not play Monday against Houston then look for Wednesday against Sacramento.
His other note was that center Kendrick Perkins is about three weeks away. That would have him back right around the start of February, enough time to get his conditioning and timing down before the playoffs a couple of months later.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 14
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13