Jan 7, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
Doc Rivers had all sorts of good news for Celtics fans in his pregame press conference on Friday night before his team took on the Raptors.
The first, slid in to his comments almost casually, is that Kevin Garnett could be back from his calf injury on Monday. That would fit with the two-week timetable the Celtics announced when he got injured. If he does not play Monday against Houston then look for Wednesday against Sacramento.
His other note was that center Kendrick Perkins is about three weeks away. That would have him back right around the start of February, enough time to get his conditioning and timing down before the playoffs a couple of months later.
- Klay Thompson should not have been allowed to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 3
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 13
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 45
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 12
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 73