Jan 7, 2011, 8:45 PM EST
Doc Rivers had all sorts of good news for Celtics fans in his pregame press conference on Friday night before his team took on the Raptors.
The first, slid in to his comments almost casually, is that Kevin Garnett could be back from his calf injury on Monday. That would fit with the two-week timetable the Celtics announced when he got injured. If he does not play Monday against Houston then look for Wednesday against Sacramento.
His other note was that center Kendrick Perkins is about three weeks away. That would have him back right around the start of February, enough time to get his conditioning and timing down before the playoffs a couple of months later.
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 0
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 21
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 4
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 6
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 39