Jan 7, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
Doc Rivers had all sorts of good news for Celtics fans in his pregame press conference on Friday night before his team took on the Raptors.
The first, slid in to his comments almost casually, is that Kevin Garnett could be back from his calf injury on Monday. That would fit with the two-week timetable the Celtics announced when he got injured. If he does not play Monday against Houston then look for Wednesday against Sacramento.
His other note was that center Kendrick Perkins is about three weeks away. That would have him back right around the start of February, enough time to get his conditioning and timing down before the playoffs a couple of months later.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 9
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4