Jan 7, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
Doc Rivers had all sorts of good news for Celtics fans in his pregame press conference on Friday night before his team took on the Raptors.
The first, slid in to his comments almost casually, is that Kevin Garnett could be back from his calf injury on Monday. That would fit with the two-week timetable the Celtics announced when he got injured. If he does not play Monday against Houston then look for Wednesday against Sacramento.
His other note was that center Kendrick Perkins is about three weeks away. That would have him back right around the start of February, enough time to get his conditioning and timing down before the playoffs a couple of months later.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 8
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 18
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6