Jan 7, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
Leon Powe just cannot catch a break.
The oft-injured Powe underwent knee surgery Friday to repair a torn meniscus and will be out about six weeks, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo, via twitter. This surgery is on his right knee, a different knee than the one where he tore the ACL as a member of the Celtics.
Powe injured his right knee Wednesday night in the Cavs loss to the Toronto Raptors. It was first reported just as a contusion, but clearly the damage was more extensive. Powe had been battling knee issues all season.
Powe has played in just 14 of the Cavaliers games this season and had been back for the last three after being out injured. With both Anderson Varejao and JJ Hickson battling injuries, the Cavs already unimpressive front line gets even thinner.
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 9
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 25
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 9
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 103
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (104)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut