Jan 6, 2011, 1:18 PM EDT
It’s not every day you see a major NBA star leaving Nike.
Nash now is with Chinese brand Luyou.
But Nash is part of a growing trend of players taking endorsement money from Chinese companies: Kevin Garnett is now with Chinese sportswear manufacturer ANTA; Baron Davis and Hasheem Thabeet with Li-Ning; Ron Artest has a deal with BALL’N, Jason Kidd with Peak; and there are many more.
Nike still dominates the domestic basketball shoe market, but the emerging and massive Chinese market has become a hot battleground.
No word on how much Nash is getting paid for this endorsement.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17