Jan 6, 2011, 1:18 PM EST
It’s not every day you see a major NBA star leaving Nike.
Nash now is with Chinese brand Luyou.
But Nash is part of a growing trend of players taking endorsement money from Chinese companies: Kevin Garnett is now with Chinese sportswear manufacturer ANTA; Baron Davis and Hasheem Thabeet with Li-Ning; Ron Artest has a deal with BALL’N, Jason Kidd with Peak; and there are many more.
Nike still dominates the domestic basketball shoe market, but the emerging and massive Chinese market has become a hot battleground.
No word on how much Nash is getting paid for this endorsement.
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 0
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 23
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)