Jan 6, 2011, 1:18 PM EDT
It’s not every day you see a major NBA star leaving Nike.
Nash now is with Chinese brand Luyou.
But Nash is part of a growing trend of players taking endorsement money from Chinese companies: Kevin Garnett is now with Chinese sportswear manufacturer ANTA; Baron Davis and Hasheem Thabeet with Li-Ning; Ron Artest has a deal with BALL’N, Jason Kidd with Peak; and there are many more.
Nike still dominates the domestic basketball shoe market, but the emerging and massive Chinese market has become a hot battleground.
No word on how much Nash is getting paid for this endorsement.
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 1
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 44
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 43