Jan 6, 2011, 1:18 PM EDT
It’s not every day you see a major NBA star leaving Nike.
Nash now is with Chinese brand Luyou.
But Nash is part of a growing trend of players taking endorsement money from Chinese companies: Kevin Garnett is now with Chinese sportswear manufacturer ANTA; Baron Davis and Hasheem Thabeet with Li-Ning; Ron Artest has a deal with BALL’N, Jason Kidd with Peak; and there are many more.
Nike still dominates the domestic basketball shoe market, but the emerging and massive Chinese market has become a hot battleground.
No word on how much Nash is getting paid for this endorsement.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9