Jan 6, 2011, 8:07 PM EDT
It ultimately may be the smart thing for the Phoenix Suns to trade Steve Nash — if you are going to tear it all down and rebuild, you can jump-start the process by what you get back for him.
“We lost an All-Star power forward and we didn’t replace him. We have no real, kind of power forward.”
“It’s frustrating to lose but I’m not necessarily going to be frustrated over things I can’t control.”
“I signed up for this. I’m committed to trying to build a team here.”
The Suns may still move Nash. What really has to happen is at some point owner Robert Sarver and Nash need to sit down to a dinner and a nice bottle of red wine, just talk it out and decide what is really best for everyone. That might be Nash staying in Phoenix until he hangs them up. But if that is the case, the questions and speculation are really never going to go away, because fans and other front offices will still covet Nash.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 19
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 17
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49