Jan 6, 2011, 8:07 PM EST
It ultimately may be the smart thing for the Phoenix Suns to trade Steve Nash — if you are going to tear it all down and rebuild, you can jump-start the process by what you get back for him.
“We lost an All-Star power forward and we didn’t replace him. We have no real, kind of power forward.”
“It’s frustrating to lose but I’m not necessarily going to be frustrated over things I can’t control.”
“I signed up for this. I’m committed to trying to build a team here.”
The Suns may still move Nash. What really has to happen is at some point owner Robert Sarver and Nash need to sit down to a dinner and a nice bottle of red wine, just talk it out and decide what is really best for everyone. That might be Nash staying in Phoenix until he hangs them up. But if that is the case, the questions and speculation are really never going to go away, because fans and other front offices will still covet Nash.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 7
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 1
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9