Jan 6, 2011, 8:07 PM EDT
It ultimately may be the smart thing for the Phoenix Suns to trade Steve Nash — if you are going to tear it all down and rebuild, you can jump-start the process by what you get back for him.
“We lost an All-Star power forward and we didn’t replace him. We have no real, kind of power forward.”
“It’s frustrating to lose but I’m not necessarily going to be frustrated over things I can’t control.”
“I signed up for this. I’m committed to trying to build a team here.”
The Suns may still move Nash. What really has to happen is at some point owner Robert Sarver and Nash need to sit down to a dinner and a nice bottle of red wine, just talk it out and decide what is really best for everyone. That might be Nash staying in Phoenix until he hangs them up. But if that is the case, the questions and speculation are really never going to go away, because fans and other front offices will still covet Nash.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48