Jan 6, 2011, 10:32 AM EDT
In the Sacramento Kings last three games, Samuel Dalembert has averaged 10 minutes and 3.3 points per game.
That’s primarily because rookie DeMarcus Cousins is tearing it up — he has averaged 22.7 points on 55.8 percent shooting over that same three games. Cousins is playing well and Cousins is the future, so he gets the run.
That’s not sitting well with Dalembert, whose agent has come to Sacramento to see what is going on. Dalembert also vented to the Sacramento Bee.
“They have to let me know which direction they want to go,” Dalembert said. “They know what I do best. I block shots, rebound, get us in the fast break. Am I going to play the next five years in a place that is a contender, or am I going to be here, helping this team get better? It’s up to them. But I am not going to lie. This is very frustrating.”
Sacramento was supposed to be a new start for Dalembert this season, but that’s not what has happened. The Kings are talking trade for Dalembert, but nothing is imminent. He is in the last year of a $13.4 million deal so he has value both as a guy who can play some defense and rebound in the middle, and as an expiring contract.
The Kings are not going to change — Cousins is part of the future of this team and if he is earning the minutes he gets them. Don’t be surprised if Dalembert gets moved closer to the deadline, there are plenty of teams looking for front line help.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 8
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 18
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6