Jan 6, 2011, 10:32 AM EDT
In the Sacramento Kings last three games, Samuel Dalembert has averaged 10 minutes and 3.3 points per game.
That’s primarily because rookie DeMarcus Cousins is tearing it up — he has averaged 22.7 points on 55.8 percent shooting over that same three games. Cousins is playing well and Cousins is the future, so he gets the run.
That’s not sitting well with Dalembert, whose agent has come to Sacramento to see what is going on. Dalembert also vented to the Sacramento Bee.
“They have to let me know which direction they want to go,” Dalembert said. “They know what I do best. I block shots, rebound, get us in the fast break. Am I going to play the next five years in a place that is a contender, or am I going to be here, helping this team get better? It’s up to them. But I am not going to lie. This is very frustrating.”
Sacramento was supposed to be a new start for Dalembert this season, but that’s not what has happened. The Kings are talking trade for Dalembert, but nothing is imminent. He is in the last year of a $13.4 million deal so he has value both as a guy who can play some defense and rebound in the middle, and as an expiring contract.
The Kings are not going to change — Cousins is part of the future of this team and if he is earning the minutes he gets them. Don’t be surprised if Dalembert gets moved closer to the deadline, there are plenty of teams looking for front line help.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 8
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 34
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 82
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19