Jan 6, 2011, 10:32 AM EST
In the Sacramento Kings last three games, Samuel Dalembert has averaged 10 minutes and 3.3 points per game.
That’s primarily because rookie DeMarcus Cousins is tearing it up — he has averaged 22.7 points on 55.8 percent shooting over that same three games. Cousins is playing well and Cousins is the future, so he gets the run.
That’s not sitting well with Dalembert, whose agent has come to Sacramento to see what is going on. Dalembert also vented to the Sacramento Bee.
“They have to let me know which direction they want to go,” Dalembert said. “They know what I do best. I block shots, rebound, get us in the fast break. Am I going to play the next five years in a place that is a contender, or am I going to be here, helping this team get better? It’s up to them. But I am not going to lie. This is very frustrating.”
Sacramento was supposed to be a new start for Dalembert this season, but that’s not what has happened. The Kings are talking trade for Dalembert, but nothing is imminent. He is in the last year of a $13.4 million deal so he has value both as a guy who can play some defense and rebound in the middle, and as an expiring contract.
The Kings are not going to change — Cousins is part of the future of this team and if he is earning the minutes he gets them. Don’t be surprised if Dalembert gets moved closer to the deadline, there are plenty of teams looking for front line help.
- Tyson Chandler returns to Knicks lineup Wednesday night 0
- Beasley out, LeBron game-time decision; Heat not worried about Pacers right now 5
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s MVP-level season looks a lot like last season 10
- PBT Podcast: Damian Lillard can’t miss, plus Iguodala return 0
- The Extra Pass: The Spurs’ Hammer set; plus Tuesday’s recaps 1
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (45)