Jan 6, 2011, 10:32 AM EST
In the Sacramento Kings last three games, Samuel Dalembert has averaged 10 minutes and 3.3 points per game.
That’s primarily because rookie DeMarcus Cousins is tearing it up — he has averaged 22.7 points on 55.8 percent shooting over that same three games. Cousins is playing well and Cousins is the future, so he gets the run.
That’s not sitting well with Dalembert, whose agent has come to Sacramento to see what is going on. Dalembert also vented to the Sacramento Bee.
“They have to let me know which direction they want to go,” Dalembert said. “They know what I do best. I block shots, rebound, get us in the fast break. Am I going to play the next five years in a place that is a contender, or am I going to be here, helping this team get better? It’s up to them. But I am not going to lie. This is very frustrating.”
Sacramento was supposed to be a new start for Dalembert this season, but that’s not what has happened. The Kings are talking trade for Dalembert, but nothing is imminent. He is in the last year of a $13.4 million deal so he has value both as a guy who can play some defense and rebound in the middle, and as an expiring contract.
The Kings are not going to change — Cousins is part of the future of this team and if he is earning the minutes he gets them. Don’t be surprised if Dalembert gets moved closer to the deadline, there are plenty of teams looking for front line help.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 6
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 32
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20