Jan 6, 2011, 11:44 AM EDT
That got some attention, but this isn’t a one-time thing, in his last seven games Holiday has averaged 20.2 points on 56 percent shooting, and 7.4 assists.
What happened? Sixers’ coach Doug Collins told Holiday to stop doing what he thought the coach wanted and to look for his own shot, Collins told the Philadelphia Intelligencer.
“His whole game changed,” Collins said. “I think he’s been playing great basketball.”
“I was just being aggressive,” Holiday said. “Getting into the paint is one of the biggest things.”
The lesson here as always kids — stop trying to make your coach happy.
Holiday has developed into one of the cornerstones of the Sixers rebuilding. There is a long way to go with that project — although right now the Sixers are the eighth seed in the East and just making the playoffs would be a leap forward.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 20
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61