Jan 6, 2011, 11:44 AM EST
That got some attention, but this isn’t a one-time thing, in his last seven games Holiday has averaged 20.2 points on 56 percent shooting, and 7.4 assists.
What happened? Sixers’ coach Doug Collins told Holiday to stop doing what he thought the coach wanted and to look for his own shot, Collins told the Philadelphia Intelligencer.
“His whole game changed,” Collins said. “I think he’s been playing great basketball.”
“I was just being aggressive,” Holiday said. “Getting into the paint is one of the biggest things.”
The lesson here as always kids — stop trying to make your coach happy.
Holiday has developed into one of the cornerstones of the Sixers rebuilding. There is a long way to go with that project — although right now the Sixers are the eighth seed in the East and just making the playoffs would be a leap forward.
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 0
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 12
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 10
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36