Jan 6, 2011, 11:44 AM EDT
That got some attention, but this isn’t a one-time thing, in his last seven games Holiday has averaged 20.2 points on 56 percent shooting, and 7.4 assists.
What happened? Sixers’ coach Doug Collins told Holiday to stop doing what he thought the coach wanted and to look for his own shot, Collins told the Philadelphia Intelligencer.
“His whole game changed,” Collins said. “I think he’s been playing great basketball.”
“I was just being aggressive,” Holiday said. “Getting into the paint is one of the biggest things.”
The lesson here as always kids — stop trying to make your coach happy.
Holiday has developed into one of the cornerstones of the Sixers rebuilding. There is a long way to go with that project — although right now the Sixers are the eighth seed in the East and just making the playoffs would be a leap forward.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 6
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 16
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15