Jan 6, 2011, 11:44 AM EDT
That got some attention, but this isn’t a one-time thing, in his last seven games Holiday has averaged 20.2 points on 56 percent shooting, and 7.4 assists.
What happened? Sixers’ coach Doug Collins told Holiday to stop doing what he thought the coach wanted and to look for his own shot, Collins told the Philadelphia Intelligencer.
“His whole game changed,” Collins said. “I think he’s been playing great basketball.”
“I was just being aggressive,” Holiday said. “Getting into the paint is one of the biggest things.”
The lesson here as always kids — stop trying to make your coach happy.
Holiday has developed into one of the cornerstones of the Sixers rebuilding. There is a long way to go with that project — although right now the Sixers are the eighth seed in the East and just making the playoffs would be a leap forward.
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 19
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 9
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64