Jan 6, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
Because the Cavaliers needed something else to go wrong this season…
Gibson left the Cavs Wednesday night ugly loss to the Raptors after rolling his ankle in the third quarter. If he has already been ruled out for the entire road trip, it sounds like the dreaded high ankle sprain.
Gibson has averaged 13.7 points per game for the Cavs and, as expected, has been killing it from three shooing 44 percent. He’s had to take on considerably more of the offense this season — his percentage of possessions used when he is on the court jumped from 14.2 percent last season to 21.6 percent this season – and while that has meant a dip in shooting efficiency he has handled the load pretty well.
Which is to say the Cavaliers will miss him. And they have enough problems right now without missing a solid player for five games. Look for Ramon Sessions to get more run because of this.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 18
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona