Jan 5, 2011, 2:23 AM EST
This 2011 dunk contest will feature the Clippers Blake Griffin, the Wizards’ JaVale McGee, the Thunder’s Serge Ibaka and the Bucks’ Brandon Jennings, according to the Los Angeles Times. The official announcement comes Thursday night.
That’s a pretty impressive lineup, even if it lacks established dunking stars such as Nate Robinson and Dwight Howard. Frankly, it’s time for a change from the Nate show.
Blake Griffin is the new dunking sensation this season, while JaVale McGee is one of the league’s more freakish athletes and at 7-foot can still make your head snap with his dunks. He was can’t miss for his exploits at Summer League. Expect McGee to get least one lob from teammate John Wall during the contest. Both Ibaka and Jennings have had some impressive dunks as well.
The contest will take place Feb. 19 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Even though Jennings is a Southern California kid (Dominguez High), Griffin is the guy with the home court advantage.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 7
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 21
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 4
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 6
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 4
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 11