Jan 5, 2011, 12:48 AM EDT
So good news in the form of a leaked then quickly pulled video found on NBA.com — Griffin may well be in. The link was found by the blog Get Banged On (a blog of dunk highlights, via Ball Don’t Lie and the legendary Skeets twitter account).
The video (which can be seen here) was on Blake Griffin’s NBA.com page, linked with the words “It’s Official — DO NOT PUBLISH” (which is always going to get you to click). It is a bunch of testimonials from Clipper teammates and broadcaster Ralph Lawler about how Blake Griffin needs to be in the dunk contest and how good he would do in it. Interspersed with Griffin dunk highlights, of course.
It’s the kind of prep work a team of Web staff and marketing people would do if there was going to be an announcement of Griffin being in the All-Star Weekend dunk contest.
Combine that with Griffin saying he would be open to the idea if invited, the “it’s official” link on the video, the fact everyone wants to see him in the contest, and you don’t need to believe there are little green men in Area 51 to believe that Griffin is headed to the dunk contest.
As he should be.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48