Jan 5, 2011, 12:48 AM EST
So good news in the form of a leaked then quickly pulled video found on NBA.com — Griffin may well be in. The link was found by the blog Get Banged On (a blog of dunk highlights, via Ball Don’t Lie and the legendary Skeets twitter account).
The video (which can be seen here) was on Blake Griffin’s NBA.com page, linked with the words “It’s Official — DO NOT PUBLISH” (which is always going to get you to click). It is a bunch of testimonials from Clipper teammates and broadcaster Ralph Lawler about how Blake Griffin needs to be in the dunk contest and how good he would do in it. Interspersed with Griffin dunk highlights, of course.
It’s the kind of prep work a team of Web staff and marketing people would do if there was going to be an announcement of Griffin being in the All-Star Weekend dunk contest.
Combine that with Griffin saying he would be open to the idea if invited, the “it’s official” link on the video, the fact everyone wants to see him in the contest, and you don’t need to believe there are little green men in Area 51 to believe that Griffin is headed to the dunk contest.
As he should be.
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 3
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 3
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 11
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Report: Kenyon Martin, Metta World Peace had “heated” argument (35)