Jan 5, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
Kevin Garnett will not be on the court when the Celtics take on the Spurs Wednesday at the TD Garden. Not that we should be reading much into January games in the first place, but that really squashes any thoughts of “the two best teams battle” giving us much to chew on.
But Garnett is getting closer.
He was on the court at the Celtics practice facility taking jumpers Wednesday afternoon, according to the Boston Globe. That just a week after a calf strain which was expected to keep him out several weeks.
Garnett wasn’t talking, and there is no reason to suggest anything has been moved up from his original return date expected next week. Except that he was out shooting, so… who knows?
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 2
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 3
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 35
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 16
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 13