Jan 5, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Kevin Garnett will not be on the court when the Celtics take on the Spurs Wednesday at the TD Garden. Not that we should be reading much into January games in the first place, but that really squashes any thoughts of “the two best teams battle” giving us much to chew on.
But Garnett is getting closer.
He was on the court at the Celtics practice facility taking jumpers Wednesday afternoon, according to the Boston Globe. That just a week after a calf strain which was expected to keep him out several weeks.
Garnett wasn’t talking, and there is no reason to suggest anything has been moved up from his original return date expected next week. Except that he was out shooting, so… who knows?
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 0
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 8
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 2
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 15
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18