Jan 5, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Kevin Garnett will not be on the court when the Celtics take on the Spurs Wednesday at the TD Garden. Not that we should be reading much into January games in the first place, but that really squashes any thoughts of “the two best teams battle” giving us much to chew on.
But Garnett is getting closer.
He was on the court at the Celtics practice facility taking jumpers Wednesday afternoon, according to the Boston Globe. That just a week after a calf strain which was expected to keep him out several weeks.
Garnett wasn’t talking, and there is no reason to suggest anything has been moved up from his original return date expected next week. Except that he was out shooting, so… who knows?
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6