Jan 5, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
Kevin Garnett will not be on the court when the Celtics take on the Spurs Wednesday at the TD Garden. Not that we should be reading much into January games in the first place, but that really squashes any thoughts of “the two best teams battle” giving us much to chew on.
But Garnett is getting closer.
He was on the court at the Celtics practice facility taking jumpers Wednesday afternoon, according to the Boston Globe. That just a week after a calf strain which was expected to keep him out several weeks.
Garnett wasn’t talking, and there is no reason to suggest anything has been moved up from his original return date expected next week. Except that he was out shooting, so… who knows?
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54