Jan 5, 2011, 4:54 PM EST
We here at Ryan Seacrest Productions are proud to officially announce our latest installment in the Kardashian saga, “Khloé and Lamar,” a new reality series about the power couple’s life together…. Now, the power couple is putting their life together at the center of a new television series, when the cameras begin rolling on “Khloé & Lamar” (working title) in early 2011…. We’ll also follow Lamar both in Los Angeles and as he hits the road to fulfill his professional duties as a member of the world-famous L.A. Lakers.
There will be eight episodes (at first) if this for you not to watch. Here’s the key note for Lakers fans (and haters): This starts filming while the season is still going — reality television crews will be following the Lakers and Odom through the playoffs. You can say it’s just another camera in a Lakers locker room already crowded with media, that the Lakers are used to it, but this could be different: reality show cameras are going to be everywhere and trying to get behind the scenes, personal info on players in a way that is different than what the vast majority of basketball media do. It will be interesting to see what kind of access those crews get beyond the standard, if any.
The big question: Does the show end up distracting Odom? It’s not like the Lakers are already dealing with focus issues or anything.
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 0
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 5
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 4
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)