Jan 5, 2011, 4:54 PM EST
We here at Ryan Seacrest Productions are proud to officially announce our latest installment in the Kardashian saga, “Khloé and Lamar,” a new reality series about the power couple’s life together…. Now, the power couple is putting their life together at the center of a new television series, when the cameras begin rolling on “Khloé & Lamar” (working title) in early 2011…. We’ll also follow Lamar both in Los Angeles and as he hits the road to fulfill his professional duties as a member of the world-famous L.A. Lakers.
There will be eight episodes (at first) if this for you not to watch. Here’s the key note for Lakers fans (and haters): This starts filming while the season is still going — reality television crews will be following the Lakers and Odom through the playoffs. You can say it’s just another camera in a Lakers locker room already crowded with media, that the Lakers are used to it, but this could be different: reality show cameras are going to be everywhere and trying to get behind the scenes, personal info on players in a way that is different than what the vast majority of basketball media do. It will be interesting to see what kind of access those crews get beyond the standard, if any.
The big question: Does the show end up distracting Odom? It’s not like the Lakers are already dealing with focus issues or anything.
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 2
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 20
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42