Jan 5, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
If you haven’t seen the video of the homeless Columbus, Ohio, man with the golden radio voice, where have you been?
This video tells the story of Ted Williams, a Brooklyn native with this fantastic voice who fell down the hole of alcohol and drug abuse. It has been sweeping the Internet the past few days.
He wanted a chance — and the Cleveland Cavaliers are giving it to him.
The team will give Williams a full-time job doing voice overs and PA announcing for the Cavs (and other events at the Quicken Loans Arena), as reported by the Cleveland Leader. CNBC’s Darren Rovell says the formal offer has not yet been made.
And they are giving him a house.
It’s a great story. The Cavaliers will get some good publicity out of it, but what really matters is someone is getting a second chance. And we could all use one of those.
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 0
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 2
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 3
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 2
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars