Jan 4, 2011, 6:09 PM EDT
The Golden State Warriors have announced that Rodney Carney has been waived. The 6-7 Carney was averaging 5 points and 1.9 rebounds in 13.2 minutes per game before being cut. Carney certainly hadn’t been playing terrible basketball, and his 45.7% three-point percentage could make him an intriguing scrap-heap pickup for one team or another.However, Carney’s +/- rating was an abysmal -9.5, and the Warriors have Reggie Williams, Dorrell Wright, and Vladimir Radmanovic at the wing position.
This is a setback for the former #16 overall pick, but with Carney’s athleticism and ability to knock down threes, I’d wager that he’ll get at least one more shot to make it in the NBA.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 4
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 3
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 1
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 20
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 10
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 12
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 42