Jan 4, 2011, 6:09 PM EDT
The Golden State Warriors have announced that Rodney Carney has been waived. The 6-7 Carney was averaging 5 points and 1.9 rebounds in 13.2 minutes per game before being cut. Carney certainly hadn’t been playing terrible basketball, and his 45.7% three-point percentage could make him an intriguing scrap-heap pickup for one team or another.However, Carney’s +/- rating was an abysmal -9.5, and the Warriors have Reggie Williams, Dorrell Wright, and Vladimir Radmanovic at the wing position.
This is a setback for the former #16 overall pick, but with Carney’s athleticism and ability to knock down threes, I’d wager that he’ll get at least one more shot to make it in the NBA.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 20
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 12