Jan 4, 2011, 6:09 PM EDT
The Golden State Warriors have announced that Rodney Carney has been waived. The 6-7 Carney was averaging 5 points and 1.9 rebounds in 13.2 minutes per game before being cut. Carney certainly hadn’t been playing terrible basketball, and his 45.7% three-point percentage could make him an intriguing scrap-heap pickup for one team or another.However, Carney’s +/- rating was an abysmal -9.5, and the Warriors have Reggie Williams, Dorrell Wright, and Vladimir Radmanovic at the wing position.
This is a setback for the former #16 overall pick, but with Carney’s athleticism and ability to knock down threes, I’d wager that he’ll get at least one more shot to make it in the NBA.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31