Jan 4, 2011, 6:09 PM EDT
The Golden State Warriors have announced that Rodney Carney has been waived. The 6-7 Carney was averaging 5 points and 1.9 rebounds in 13.2 minutes per game before being cut. Carney certainly hadn’t been playing terrible basketball, and his 45.7% three-point percentage could make him an intriguing scrap-heap pickup for one team or another.However, Carney’s +/- rating was an abysmal -9.5, and the Warriors have Reggie Williams, Dorrell Wright, and Vladimir Radmanovic at the wing position.
This is a setback for the former #16 overall pick, but with Carney’s athleticism and ability to knock down threes, I’d wager that he’ll get at least one more shot to make it in the NBA.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30