Jan 4, 2011, 6:09 PM EDT
The Golden State Warriors have announced that Rodney Carney has been waived. The 6-7 Carney was averaging 5 points and 1.9 rebounds in 13.2 minutes per game before being cut. Carney certainly hadn’t been playing terrible basketball, and his 45.7% three-point percentage could make him an intriguing scrap-heap pickup for one team or another.However, Carney’s +/- rating was an abysmal -9.5, and the Warriors have Reggie Williams, Dorrell Wright, and Vladimir Radmanovic at the wing position.
This is a setback for the former #16 overall pick, but with Carney’s athleticism and ability to knock down threes, I’d wager that he’ll get at least one more shot to make it in the NBA.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 0
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10