Jan 4, 2011, 8:11 AM EDT
Why choose just one? There are no rules that say there can only be one dunk of the night on this blog. Especially since we’re making up the rules as we go.
In that spirit we give you LeBron James on the breakaway against the Bobcats. By the way, this was not the play where LeBron gave Michael Jordan a glare. Because showing off for Jordan is so cool.
Really the better dunk comes from Courtney Lee against the Nuggets. He does it over the Birdman, who has made many look the fool with his blocks on just this kind of play. Lee fits in well with the Rockets when they get out and just run. Which is really all they can do right now without Yao Ming.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 14
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 31
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 55
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4