Jan 3, 2011, 8:43 AM EDT
Paul Pierce certainly didn’t look like a crafty veteran when he took it to the rack against the Raptors on Sunday — he looked like the younger, athletic version of himself we sometimes forget.
Pierce turned the corner after a high handoff from Rajon Rondo then took advantage of what passes for defensive rotations with the Raptors. There was no help until it was too late.
But Pierce threw it down with authority we didn’t even know he still had. Nice.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6