Jan 3, 2011, 8:43 AM EDT
Paul Pierce certainly didn’t look like a crafty veteran when he took it to the rack against the Raptors on Sunday — he looked like the younger, athletic version of himself we sometimes forget.
Pierce turned the corner after a high handoff from Rajon Rondo then took advantage of what passes for defensive rotations with the Raptors. There was no help until it was too late.
But Pierce threw it down with authority we didn’t even know he still had. Nice.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 20
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61