Jan 3, 2011, 8:43 AM EDT
Paul Pierce certainly didn’t look like a crafty veteran when he took it to the rack against the Raptors on Sunday — he looked like the younger, athletic version of himself we sometimes forget.
Pierce turned the corner after a high handoff from Rajon Rondo then took advantage of what passes for defensive rotations with the Raptors. There was no help until it was too late.
But Pierce threw it down with authority we didn’t even know he still had. Nice.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 29
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 22
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 42
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5