Jan 3, 2011, 10:33 AM EDT
Last summer, San Antonio stepped to the plate and worked out a long-term deal to keep Tony Parker a Spur. They made the moves to keep their core together — something questioned by some at the time because why would you keep that past-its-prime core of Parker, Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan together?
Because 29-4, that’s why.
But if the Spurs had not stepped up (four years at $12.5 million per), he was in a New York state of mind, Parker told the Spurs Nation blog at the Express-News.
“Right now, I’m very happy with my decision,” Parker said before joining his teammates for the trip to New York that begins a three-game, four-day Eastern Conference road swing. “I always felt the Spurs are my family, and my first option was San Antonio, but if they didn’t want to keep me, New York was definitely my first option.”
You thought his divorce from Eva Longoria got too much play before, imagine if he was a Knick? Still, as good as Raymond Felton has been this season, imagine how much better the Spurs would be with Parker running their show.
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 3
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 29
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 13
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 19
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- LIVE: Heat, Pacers go to overtime in Game 1
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games