Jan 3, 2011, 6:20 PM EDT
All day Monday, Lakers fans have been acting like, well, Lakers fans. No fan base get more frustrated more quickly with a championship team, no fans turn on them as quickly. Certainly t the team is not playing up to its own standards, but to listen to Lakers fans on Los Angeles talk radio is to listen to a sense of entitlement that would embarrass a wealthy teenager.
That said, the Lakers have played uninspired basketball for weeks now, an nobody more so than Ron Artest. It usually takes players about a season to learn the triangle offense, but Sunday night in a game midway into his second year, Ron Artest threw perplexing passes, was out of position, missed shots and just didn’t seem to get it.
@RONARTESTCOM step yo game up Ron
@RONARTESTCOM when you make a layup, tweet me back. Thanks.
@RONARTESTCOM What is going in that locker room, man? You guys are embarrassing yourselves and crushing your fans.
@RONARTESTCOM I miss the days when u were a champion. Should we trade u?
Ron Artest followed it up with.
“i hear this”
Hearing it and acting on it are two different things. We shall see.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21