Jan 3, 2011, 6:20 PM EST
All day Monday, Lakers fans have been acting like, well, Lakers fans. No fan base get more frustrated more quickly with a championship team, no fans turn on them as quickly. Certainly t the team is not playing up to its own standards, but to listen to Lakers fans on Los Angeles talk radio is to listen to a sense of entitlement that would embarrass a wealthy teenager.
That said, the Lakers have played uninspired basketball for weeks now, an nobody more so than Ron Artest. It usually takes players about a season to learn the triangle offense, but Sunday night in a game midway into his second year, Ron Artest threw perplexing passes, was out of position, missed shots and just didn’t seem to get it.
@RONARTESTCOM step yo game up Ron
@RONARTESTCOM when you make a layup, tweet me back. Thanks.
@RONARTESTCOM What is going in that locker room, man? You guys are embarrassing yourselves and crushing your fans.
@RONARTESTCOM I miss the days when u were a champion. Should we trade u?
Ron Artest followed it up with.
“i hear this”
Hearing it and acting on it are two different things. We shall see.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 5
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0