Jan 3, 2011, 6:20 PM EDT
All day Monday, Lakers fans have been acting like, well, Lakers fans. No fan base get more frustrated more quickly with a championship team, no fans turn on them as quickly. Certainly t the team is not playing up to its own standards, but to listen to Lakers fans on Los Angeles talk radio is to listen to a sense of entitlement that would embarrass a wealthy teenager.
That said, the Lakers have played uninspired basketball for weeks now, an nobody more so than Ron Artest. It usually takes players about a season to learn the triangle offense, but Sunday night in a game midway into his second year, Ron Artest threw perplexing passes, was out of position, missed shots and just didn’t seem to get it.
@RONARTESTCOM step yo game up Ron
@RONARTESTCOM when you make a layup, tweet me back. Thanks.
@RONARTESTCOM What is going in that locker room, man? You guys are embarrassing yourselves and crushing your fans.
@RONARTESTCOM I miss the days when u were a champion. Should we trade u?
Ron Artest followed it up with.
“i hear this”
Hearing it and acting on it are two different things. We shall see.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 22
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 16
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 8
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 29