Jan 3, 2011, 7:51 PM EDT
I should have told you that Danilo Gallinari’s injury was coming. I knew it was inevitable not because I am Nostradamus incarnate, but because he is on my fantasy team. Which appears to be the kiss of death to knees and ankles.
The good news for Gallinari and Knicks fans is it is not that severe — the Knicks announced it is a mild sprain that will keep him out two to three weeks (Newsday’s Alan Hahn had it on twitter). That’s good news because if you saw Brandon Rush fall into Gallinari’s knee you would have thought it was worse. We all did.
In the interim, Ronny Turiaf will start and there should be more Wilson Chandler. And lately, more Chandler is a good thing for the Knicks.
The Knicks are on the road a lot the next couple weeks, which should had to the challenges for the new lineup.
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 0
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 1
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 18
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 14
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 44
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement