Jan 3, 2011, 7:51 PM EST
I should have told you that Danilo Gallinari’s injury was coming. I knew it was inevitable not because I am Nostradamus incarnate, but because he is on my fantasy team. Which appears to be the kiss of death to knees and ankles.
The good news for Gallinari and Knicks fans is it is not that severe — the Knicks announced it is a mild sprain that will keep him out two to three weeks (Newsday’s Alan Hahn had it on twitter). That’s good news because if you saw Brandon Rush fall into Gallinari’s knee you would have thought it was worse. We all did.
In the interim, Ronny Turiaf will start and there should be more Wilson Chandler. And lately, more Chandler is a good thing for the Knicks.
The Knicks are on the road a lot the next couple weeks, which should had to the challenges for the new lineup.
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 0
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 0
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 18
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)