Jan 3, 2011, 7:51 PM EDT
I should have told you that Danilo Gallinari’s injury was coming. I knew it was inevitable not because I am Nostradamus incarnate, but because he is on my fantasy team. Which appears to be the kiss of death to knees and ankles.
The good news for Gallinari and Knicks fans is it is not that severe — the Knicks announced it is a mild sprain that will keep him out two to three weeks (Newsday’s Alan Hahn had it on twitter). That’s good news because if you saw Brandon Rush fall into Gallinari’s knee you would have thought it was worse. We all did.
In the interim, Ronny Turiaf will start and there should be more Wilson Chandler. And lately, more Chandler is a good thing for the Knicks.
The Knicks are on the road a lot the next couple weeks, which should had to the challenges for the new lineup.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 17
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 36
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 6
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2