Jan 3, 2011, 7:51 PM EDT
I should have told you that Danilo Gallinari’s injury was coming. I knew it was inevitable not because I am Nostradamus incarnate, but because he is on my fantasy team. Which appears to be the kiss of death to knees and ankles.
The good news for Gallinari and Knicks fans is it is not that severe — the Knicks announced it is a mild sprain that will keep him out two to three weeks (Newsday’s Alan Hahn had it on twitter). That’s good news because if you saw Brandon Rush fall into Gallinari’s knee you would have thought it was worse. We all did.
In the interim, Ronny Turiaf will start and there should be more Wilson Chandler. And lately, more Chandler is a good thing for the Knicks.
The Knicks are on the road a lot the next couple weeks, which should had to the challenges for the new lineup.
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 31
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 45
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 9
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 24
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11