Jan 3, 2011, 7:51 PM EDT
I should have told you that Danilo Gallinari’s injury was coming. I knew it was inevitable not because I am Nostradamus incarnate, but because he is on my fantasy team. Which appears to be the kiss of death to knees and ankles.
The good news for Gallinari and Knicks fans is it is not that severe — the Knicks announced it is a mild sprain that will keep him out two to three weeks (Newsday’s Alan Hahn had it on twitter). That’s good news because if you saw Brandon Rush fall into Gallinari’s knee you would have thought it was worse. We all did.
In the interim, Ronny Turiaf will start and there should be more Wilson Chandler. And lately, more Chandler is a good thing for the Knicks.
The Knicks are on the road a lot the next couple weeks, which should had to the challenges for the new lineup.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61