Jan 3, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
Sure the Kings have the worst record in the NBA, but there is talent on that roster. The kind of roster and situation other GM’s are looking to exploit and pick over like vultures on a carcas. Some of that talant is not available — Tyreke Evans, DeMarcus Cousins — but some of it is…
Casspi is interesting, the Israeli forward comes with a very affordable $1.25 million deal that has drawn the interest of both the Knicks and Bulls. Both of those teams can use a shooter — Casspi is hitting 40 percent from three this season — but because there is value there the Kings want to drive a hard bargain, according to the report. Specifically, they want someone to take on Francisco Garcia or another long-term contract with Casspi. That would put the Knicks out for sure and give the Bulls real pause.
Stein reports the more likely one to move is Landry, who is in the last of his deal and is not returning to Sacramento. Trade him now they at least get something for him. Landry has seen his minutes drop this season (blame DeMarcus Cousins for that) and with less run has come a drop in shooting percentage to a career low 46.9 percent. He has played well late in games for the Kings, but that is just a flash of his promise.
He needs a new start. For a team looking for a solid backup front line player, Landry could be a good fit.
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 5
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 44
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 18
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 44
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (75)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record