Jan 3, 2011, 2:29 PM EDT
UPDATE 2:29 pm: At shootaround Monday Bobcats coach Paul Silas said that Wallace would be out “a few games.” Take that to mean whatever you wish, but I’d bench him from your fantasy team this week.
8:11 am: Gerald Wallace has been back just a couple of games and still is not as explosive at the rim after missing five games in a row with a bone bruise in his ankle. An injury he seems to have aggravated again on Sunday and one that could cause him to miss time, according to the Charlotte Observer.
There was not a lot of swelling after Sunday’s injury, according to the report, which has the Bobcats optimistic he will be back soon. Like Monday night soon. Although smart money may be on him being back later in the week.
Which is a lot better then one would have thought after Wallace spent 10 minutes on the ground and had to be carried off the practice court on Sunday. The injury happened when Wallace took a pass from D.J. Augustin and tried to dunk then came down wrong.
The Bobcats went 1-4 last time Wallace was out; he is the team’s leading rebounder at 8.2 per game and is second on the team in scoring at 16.5. He is a defensive force when healthy. They don’t last long without him.
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 12
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 18
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2