Jan 3, 2011, 4:41 PM EDT
Charlotte center DeSagana Diop is out for the rest of the season after an MRI confirmed he ruptured his Achilles tendon Friday night against the Warriors.
Diop and Kwame Brown have been the primary backups for Nazr Mohammed. While the loss of Diop the player hurts the Bobcats some, the bigger blow could be on the trade front.
Both Diop himself and Mohammed had been on the trade blocks as part of several ongoing discussions. Now it will be nearly impossible to move Diop and it will make the Bobcats think twice about trading Mohammed (unless they get a center back) because then it becomes the Kwame Brown show. And that show has been cancelled everywhere it’s been on.
Diop is in his 10th NBA season. He will turn 30 next season, if he returns.
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 36
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 14
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 29
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 64