Jan 3, 2011, 4:41 PM EST
Charlotte center DeSagana Diop is out for the rest of the season after an MRI confirmed he ruptured his Achilles tendon Friday night against the Warriors.
Diop and Kwame Brown have been the primary backups for Nazr Mohammed. While the loss of Diop the player hurts the Bobcats some, the bigger blow could be on the trade front.
Both Diop himself and Mohammed had been on the trade blocks as part of several ongoing discussions. Now it will be nearly impossible to move Diop and it will make the Bobcats think twice about trading Mohammed (unless they get a center back) because then it becomes the Kwame Brown show. And that show has been cancelled everywhere it’s been on.
Diop is in his 10th NBA season. He will turn 30 next season, if he returns.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 0
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 10
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 6
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31