Jan 3, 2011, 4:41 PM EDT
Charlotte center DeSagana Diop is out for the rest of the season after an MRI confirmed he ruptured his Achilles tendon Friday night against the Warriors.
Diop and Kwame Brown have been the primary backups for Nazr Mohammed. While the loss of Diop the player hurts the Bobcats some, the bigger blow could be on the trade front.
Both Diop himself and Mohammed had been on the trade blocks as part of several ongoing discussions. Now it will be nearly impossible to move Diop and it will make the Bobcats think twice about trading Mohammed (unless they get a center back) because then it becomes the Kwame Brown show. And that show has been cancelled everywhere it’s been on.
Diop is in his 10th NBA season. He will turn 30 next season, if he returns.
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 0
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 12
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 15
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 25
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 10
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy