Jan 2, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
It’s an interesting approach if they go down that road. The Cavaliers have Anderson Varejao and J.J. Hickson, though Hickson has fallen back into the riff-raff of the roster. Blatche would give them a legit starting power forward and possibly allow them to move Varejao who is seen as their most valuable trade asset in terms of player value at this point. The problem is Blatche’s attitude.
Blatche considers himself a star, even though he’s nothing special on either end, with a decent mid-range jumper and some athleticism. He’s not a player you can build around and acquiring him means he’s the first guy after LeBron you make a significant long-term investment in. That’s not how you want to start off your rebuilding process. Furthermore Mo Williams already sees himself as the top dog on the floor for the Cavs and Antawn Jamison is still on the roster, along with Hickson. It’s hard to see what adding Blatche does for you other than create a logjam which would necessitate a trade, weakening your trade position and netting worse value.
But hey, it’s Dan Gilbert’s Comic Sans World, Cavs fans are just living in it.
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 0
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 4
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 17
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 17
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 18
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (72)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay