Jan 1, 2011, 3:21 PM EDT
Corey Brewer is available! Come on down!
Assets they likely are willing to trade include two of their point guards, two extra first-round picks they possess and swingman Corey Brewer.
The Wolves are shopping for an upgrade at two-guard, and Corey Brewer is available. Brewer’s not a bad player. He’s a serviceable starter, and who knows how he could do were he not drafted by the Timberwolves. The Wolves are committed not to get older, which means they’ll be aiming for a player of relative age or younger, which will be difficult. They’re aiming for O.J. Mayo, who the Grizzlies have very publicly said is not available and everyone who talks to people in Memphis in a non-public manner says is available.
Brewer’s points, assists, and FG% are all down, and weren’t that great to start with. Brewer won’t fetch a great price on the open market, but if they can throw in a first round pick and possibly get in on a multi-team deal, the Wolves may be able to get what they want out of the deal.
I mean, they’ll still be the Timberwolves, but it’s a step.
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 0
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 6
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 11
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 27
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23