Jan 1, 2011, 3:21 PM EST
Corey Brewer is available! Come on down!
Assets they likely are willing to trade include two of their point guards, two extra first-round picks they possess and swingman Corey Brewer.
The Wolves are shopping for an upgrade at two-guard, and Corey Brewer is available. Brewer’s not a bad player. He’s a serviceable starter, and who knows how he could do were he not drafted by the Timberwolves. The Wolves are committed not to get older, which means they’ll be aiming for a player of relative age or younger, which will be difficult. They’re aiming for O.J. Mayo, who the Grizzlies have very publicly said is not available and everyone who talks to people in Memphis in a non-public manner says is available.
Brewer’s points, assists, and FG% are all down, and weren’t that great to start with. Brewer won’t fetch a great price on the open market, but if they can throw in a first round pick and possibly get in on a multi-team deal, the Wolves may be able to get what they want out of the deal.
I mean, they’ll still be the Timberwolves, but it’s a step.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 15
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2