Jan 1, 2011, 3:21 PM EDT
Corey Brewer is available! Come on down!
Assets they likely are willing to trade include two of their point guards, two extra first-round picks they possess and swingman Corey Brewer.
The Wolves are shopping for an upgrade at two-guard, and Corey Brewer is available. Brewer’s not a bad player. He’s a serviceable starter, and who knows how he could do were he not drafted by the Timberwolves. The Wolves are committed not to get older, which means they’ll be aiming for a player of relative age or younger, which will be difficult. They’re aiming for O.J. Mayo, who the Grizzlies have very publicly said is not available and everyone who talks to people in Memphis in a non-public manner says is available.
Brewer’s points, assists, and FG% are all down, and weren’t that great to start with. Brewer won’t fetch a great price on the open market, but if they can throw in a first round pick and possibly get in on a multi-team deal, the Wolves may be able to get what they want out of the deal.
I mean, they’ll still be the Timberwolves, but it’s a step.
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 5
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 35
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?