Jan 1, 2011, 3:21 PM EDT
Corey Brewer is available! Come on down!
Assets they likely are willing to trade include two of their point guards, two extra first-round picks they possess and swingman Corey Brewer.
The Wolves are shopping for an upgrade at two-guard, and Corey Brewer is available. Brewer’s not a bad player. He’s a serviceable starter, and who knows how he could do were he not drafted by the Timberwolves. The Wolves are committed not to get older, which means they’ll be aiming for a player of relative age or younger, which will be difficult. They’re aiming for O.J. Mayo, who the Grizzlies have very publicly said is not available and everyone who talks to people in Memphis in a non-public manner says is available.
Brewer’s points, assists, and FG% are all down, and weren’t that great to start with. Brewer won’t fetch a great price on the open market, but if they can throw in a first round pick and possibly get in on a multi-team deal, the Wolves may be able to get what they want out of the deal.
I mean, they’ll still be the Timberwolves, but it’s a step.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 5
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 10
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 30
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 8