Dec 31, 2010, 8:46 AM EDT
After Tyreke Evans dramatic game winner Wednesday, our own Matt Moore started a debate on twitter about should that shot be better defended? Should you put up at least a token defense on those long end of quarter or end of game shots?
Sometimes it doesn’t matter.
The Trail Blazers did more than just put up token defense, they trap Deron Williams in the back court Thursday night. Yet he splits the double team, launches up the 60 footer and banks it in. It would not have counted in H-O-R-S-E because he didn’t call bank, but the refs let it slide.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3