Dec 31, 2010, 8:46 AM EDT
After Tyreke Evans dramatic game winner Wednesday, our own Matt Moore started a debate on twitter about should that shot be better defended? Should you put up at least a token defense on those long end of quarter or end of game shots?
Sometimes it doesn’t matter.
The Trail Blazers did more than just put up token defense, they trap Deron Williams in the back court Thursday night. Yet he splits the double team, launches up the 60 footer and banks it in. It would not have counted in H-O-R-S-E because he didn’t call bank, but the refs let it slide.
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 0
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 13
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 19
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31