Dec 31, 2010, 8:46 AM EST
After Tyreke Evans dramatic game winner Wednesday, our own Matt Moore started a debate on twitter about should that shot be better defended? Should you put up at least a token defense on those long end of quarter or end of game shots?
Sometimes it doesn’t matter.
The Trail Blazers did more than just put up token defense, they trap Deron Williams in the back court Thursday night. Yet he splits the double team, launches up the 60 footer and banks it in. It would not have counted in H-O-R-S-E because he didn’t call bank, but the refs let it slide.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 13
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17