Dec 31, 2010, 8:46 AM EDT
After Tyreke Evans dramatic game winner Wednesday, our own Matt Moore started a debate on twitter about should that shot be better defended? Should you put up at least a token defense on those long end of quarter or end of game shots?
Sometimes it doesn’t matter.
The Trail Blazers did more than just put up token defense, they trap Deron Williams in the back court Thursday night. Yet he splits the double team, launches up the 60 footer and banks it in. It would not have counted in H-O-R-S-E because he didn’t call bank, but the refs let it slide.
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 3
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 12
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 18
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8