Dec 31, 2010, 3:05 PM EDT
Nate Robinson has performed admirably during his temporary gig as the Celtics’ starting point guard, but it’s time for a return to normalcy in Boston. According to the team’s twitter account, Rajon Rondo is “expected” to play in today’s game against the Hornets, giving the Garnett-less Celtics a needed boost.
Apparently no one told Doc Rivers. According to Chris Forsberg of ESPN Boston, Rivers doesn’t think Rondo is quite ready to play, and said the star point guard should be expected to return in the next few games, but certainly not today. Bummer. Robinson gets another game in the spotlight, but the Celtics — who are already missing Kendrick Perkins and Delonte West due to injury, in addition to Garnett — are hobbled to say the least.
The Celtics will look to bounce back after a double-digit loss to the lowly Pistons (and after losing two of their last three overall), and a healthy Rondo would go a long way in getting the Celtics back on a torrid pace after that hiccup. For now, Robinson will have to do.
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 9
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 2
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 45
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 28
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 21
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (79)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay