Dec 31, 2010, 3:07 PM EDT
A sore Achilles has hampered the Sixers Andre Iguodala all season, as a result he has been less explosive, which has led to a drop in shooting percentage (and with it scoring). He’s just not the same dynamic player.
After missing the last two games due to Achilles tendinitis, the Sixers have announced that Iguodala will miss the next five games as well as they try to rest him and get him right, according to Kate Fagan with the Philadelphia Inquirer. That includes him sitting out tonight against the Lakers.
This means more court time for rookie Evan Turner, as he continues to try and find his way in the NBA. Iguodala will be evaluated and may return to the court Jan.10
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 0
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 8
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 10
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13