Dec 31, 2010, 3:07 PM EST
A sore Achilles has hampered the Sixers Andre Iguodala all season, as a result he has been less explosive, which has led to a drop in shooting percentage (and with it scoring). He’s just not the same dynamic player.
After missing the last two games due to Achilles tendinitis, the Sixers have announced that Iguodala will miss the next five games as well as they try to rest him and get him right, according to Kate Fagan with the Philadelphia Inquirer. That includes him sitting out tonight against the Lakers.
This means more court time for rookie Evan Turner, as he continues to try and find his way in the NBA. Iguodala will be evaluated and may return to the court Jan.10
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 0
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 33
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11