Dec 31, 2010, 3:07 PM EDT
A sore Achilles has hampered the Sixers Andre Iguodala all season, as a result he has been less explosive, which has led to a drop in shooting percentage (and with it scoring). He’s just not the same dynamic player.
After missing the last two games due to Achilles tendinitis, the Sixers have announced that Iguodala will miss the next five games as well as they try to rest him and get him right, according to Kate Fagan with the Philadelphia Inquirer. That includes him sitting out tonight against the Lakers.
This means more court time for rookie Evan Turner, as he continues to try and find his way in the NBA. Iguodala will be evaluated and may return to the court Jan.10
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 27
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 17
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15