Dec 31, 2010, 3:07 PM EST
A sore Achilles has hampered the Sixers Andre Iguodala all season, as a result he has been less explosive, which has led to a drop in shooting percentage (and with it scoring). He’s just not the same dynamic player.
After missing the last two games due to Achilles tendinitis, the Sixers have announced that Iguodala will miss the next five games as well as they try to rest him and get him right, according to Kate Fagan with the Philadelphia Inquirer. That includes him sitting out tonight against the Lakers.
This means more court time for rookie Evan Turner, as he continues to try and find his way in the NBA. Iguodala will be evaluated and may return to the court Jan.10
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 6
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 1
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 15
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 23
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 19