Dec 31, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
Wednesday night, DeSagana Diop’s elbow accidentally caught Anderson Varejao’s face during the Bobcats win over Cleveland.
After the game Varejao’s face swelled and doctors have determined the shot broke Varejao’s cheekbone. The Brazilian will be out at least Saturday’s Cavaliers game against the Bulls, reports Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal (via twitter). Varejao’s is currently not permitted by doctors to fly.
Varejao could miss more games, there is no timetable on his return. When he does return he will go with the Rip Hamilton mask look under doctor’s orders.
- NBA Playoff Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers 3
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 5
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 9
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 25