Dec 31, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
Wednesday night, DeSagana Diop’s elbow accidentally caught Anderson Varejao’s face during the Bobcats win over Cleveland.
After the game Varejao’s face swelled and doctors have determined the shot broke Varejao’s cheekbone. The Brazilian will be out at least Saturday’s Cavaliers game against the Bulls, reports Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal (via twitter). Varejao’s is currently not permitted by doctors to fly.
Varejao could miss more games, there is no timetable on his return. When he does return he will go with the Rip Hamilton mask look under doctor’s orders.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49