Dec 31, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
Wednesday night, DeSagana Diop’s elbow accidentally caught Anderson Varejao’s face during the Bobcats win over Cleveland.
After the game Varejao’s face swelled and doctors have determined the shot broke Varejao’s cheekbone. The Brazilian will be out at least Saturday’s Cavaliers game against the Bulls, reports Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal (via twitter). Varejao’s is currently not permitted by doctors to fly.
Varejao could miss more games, there is no timetable on his return. When he does return he will go with the Rip Hamilton mask look under doctor’s orders.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49