Dec 31, 2010, 1:30 PM EST
Wednesday night, DeSagana Diop’s elbow accidentally caught Anderson Varejao’s face during the Bobcats win over Cleveland.
After the game Varejao’s face swelled and doctors have determined the shot broke Varejao’s cheekbone. The Brazilian will be out at least Saturday’s Cavaliers game against the Bulls, reports Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal (via twitter). Varejao’s is currently not permitted by doctors to fly.
Varejao could miss more games, there is no timetable on his return. When he does return he will go with the Rip Hamilton mask look under doctor’s orders.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16