Dec 31, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
Wednesday night, DeSagana Diop’s elbow accidentally caught Anderson Varejao’s face during the Bobcats win over Cleveland.
After the game Varejao’s face swelled and doctors have determined the shot broke Varejao’s cheekbone. The Brazilian will be out at least Saturday’s Cavaliers game against the Bulls, reports Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal (via twitter). Varejao’s is currently not permitted by doctors to fly.
Varejao could miss more games, there is no timetable on his return. When he does return he will go with the Rip Hamilton mask look under doctor’s orders.
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 8
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 11
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 39
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6