Dec 30, 2010, 10:25 AM EDT
“Well, I can’t tell you much more than what you know already. He hurt his knee last night, or his leg, and they’re going to do more tests today. I think he’ll do an MRI. We do think it’s muscle-related, we don’t think it has anything to do with the knee, but we don’t know. So we’re just going to wait and see….
“I’ll know by the end of the day. I think we’re in good shape here, but you just never know, and I’m just going to wait for the MRI. But I should know by mid-afternoon, or sometime today.”
Boston’s MO on injuries is to be cautious — rest the player more now because when you really need him healthy is April and beyond. Because of that, look for Garnett to miss some time. How much time? That’s why we wait for the MRI.
On bit of good news, Rivers said that Rajon Rondo was now day-to-day and should return to the lineup soon. The Celtics play the Hornets on Friday but Rivers would not commit one way or the other on whether Rondo will play in that game.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 31
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4