Dec 30, 2010, 10:25 AM EDT
“Well, I can’t tell you much more than what you know already. He hurt his knee last night, or his leg, and they’re going to do more tests today. I think he’ll do an MRI. We do think it’s muscle-related, we don’t think it has anything to do with the knee, but we don’t know. So we’re just going to wait and see….
“I’ll know by the end of the day. I think we’re in good shape here, but you just never know, and I’m just going to wait for the MRI. But I should know by mid-afternoon, or sometime today.”
Boston’s MO on injuries is to be cautious — rest the player more now because when you really need him healthy is April and beyond. Because of that, look for Garnett to miss some time. How much time? That’s why we wait for the MRI.
On bit of good news, Rivers said that Rajon Rondo was now day-to-day and should return to the lineup soon. The Celtics play the Hornets on Friday but Rivers would not commit one way or the other on whether Rondo will play in that game.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 19
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 17
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 17
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80