Dec 30, 2010, 10:25 AM EST
“Well, I can’t tell you much more than what you know already. He hurt his knee last night, or his leg, and they’re going to do more tests today. I think he’ll do an MRI. We do think it’s muscle-related, we don’t think it has anything to do with the knee, but we don’t know. So we’re just going to wait and see….
“I’ll know by the end of the day. I think we’re in good shape here, but you just never know, and I’m just going to wait for the MRI. But I should know by mid-afternoon, or sometime today.”
Boston’s MO on injuries is to be cautious — rest the player more now because when you really need him healthy is April and beyond. Because of that, look for Garnett to miss some time. How much time? That’s why we wait for the MRI.
On bit of good news, Rivers said that Rajon Rondo was now day-to-day and should return to the lineup soon. The Celtics play the Hornets on Friday but Rivers would not commit one way or the other on whether Rondo will play in that game.
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 20
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 1
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 15
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Life is good in the Golden State 12
- Damian Lillard, as stature grows, refuses to become content 5
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 11
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 12
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 20