Dec 30, 2010, 10:25 AM EDT
“Well, I can’t tell you much more than what you know already. He hurt his knee last night, or his leg, and they’re going to do more tests today. I think he’ll do an MRI. We do think it’s muscle-related, we don’t think it has anything to do with the knee, but we don’t know. So we’re just going to wait and see….
“I’ll know by the end of the day. I think we’re in good shape here, but you just never know, and I’m just going to wait for the MRI. But I should know by mid-afternoon, or sometime today.”
Boston’s MO on injuries is to be cautious — rest the player more now because when you really need him healthy is April and beyond. Because of that, look for Garnett to miss some time. How much time? That’s why we wait for the MRI.
On bit of good news, Rivers said that Rajon Rondo was now day-to-day and should return to the lineup soon. The Celtics play the Hornets on Friday but Rivers would not commit one way or the other on whether Rondo will play in that game.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14