Dec 30, 2010, 12:41 PM EST
Maybe it’s that stable Canadian upbringing, but Steve Nash is one of the most even-tempered guys in the league.
Which is why when he loses it, you take notice.
The Suns were not getting the breaks or calls late in Wednesday night’s loss to the Sixers — and that was a fourth straight loss for the Suns, so frustration is mounting — when there was a disputed out of bounds call. Nash was sure it was the Suns ball, but the refs gave it to the Sixers.
“I’m going to f*****g punch one of these motherf*****s in the face.”
I really think that this speaks more to Nash’s frustration with the season boiling up in one moment then it does this one call in this one game. And if anyone has a right to be frustrated it is Nash, although when he signed his last deal with the Suns he had to have an idea the team was headed more in this direction than up.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 10
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8