Dec 30, 2010, 12:41 PM EDT
Maybe it’s that stable Canadian upbringing, but Steve Nash is one of the most even-tempered guys in the league.
Which is why when he loses it, you take notice.
The Suns were not getting the breaks or calls late in Wednesday night’s loss to the Sixers — and that was a fourth straight loss for the Suns, so frustration is mounting — when there was a disputed out of bounds call. Nash was sure it was the Suns ball, but the refs gave it to the Sixers.
“I’m going to f*****g punch one of these motherf*****s in the face.”
I really think that this speaks more to Nash’s frustration with the season boiling up in one moment then it does this one call in this one game. And if anyone has a right to be frustrated it is Nash, although when he signed his last deal with the Suns he had to have an idea the team was headed more in this direction than up.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14