Dec 30, 2010, 10:14 PM EDT
You knew it was not going to be good when reports surfaced that Rockets forward Chuck Hayes had to leave practice Tuesday in a wheelchair.
Now comes the news that he will be out 2-4 weeks due to a moderate to severe sprain of his right ankle, according to Rockets.com reporter Jason Friedman.
Hayes has been the starting center in Houston lately — yes, at 6’6” because the Rockets are going small and running. On the season he has averaged six points and six boards a game, playing 21.5 minutes, but those numbers have been up recently as a starter.
Look for Brad Miller and Jordan Hill to get more minutes until Hayes returns.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8