Dec 30, 2010, 10:14 PM EDT
You knew it was not going to be good when reports surfaced that Rockets forward Chuck Hayes had to leave practice Tuesday in a wheelchair.
Now comes the news that he will be out 2-4 weeks due to a moderate to severe sprain of his right ankle, according to Rockets.com reporter Jason Friedman.
Hayes has been the starting center in Houston lately — yes, at 6’6” because the Rockets are going small and running. On the season he has averaged six points and six boards a game, playing 21.5 minutes, but those numbers have been up recently as a starter.
Look for Brad Miller and Jordan Hill to get more minutes until Hayes returns.
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 3
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 22
- Kevin Durant: Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are greatest of all time 60
- LeBron James becomes Obamacare pitchman 38
- Report: Houston Rockets to pursue Carmelo Anthony this summer 30