Dec 30, 2010, 10:14 PM EDT
You knew it was not going to be good when reports surfaced that Rockets forward Chuck Hayes had to leave practice Tuesday in a wheelchair.
Now comes the news that he will be out 2-4 weeks due to a moderate to severe sprain of his right ankle, according to Rockets.com reporter Jason Friedman.
Hayes has been the starting center in Houston lately — yes, at 6’6” because the Rockets are going small and running. On the season he has averaged six points and six boards a game, playing 21.5 minutes, but those numbers have been up recently as a starter.
Look for Brad Miller and Jordan Hill to get more minutes until Hayes returns.
- Report: Paul Pierce to sign two-year deal to join Wizards 64
- Report: Trevor Ariza to sign 4-year, $32 million deal with Rockets 44
- Pau Gasol tweets he has chosen to play for Bulls. Only question is will it be sign-and-trade or not. 59
- LeBron James’ contract two years, $42 million with Cavaliers. That doesn’t mean he’s leaving. 49
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 36
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 22
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 61
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 41