Dec 30, 2010, 10:14 PM EST
You knew it was not going to be good when reports surfaced that Rockets forward Chuck Hayes had to leave practice Tuesday in a wheelchair.
Now comes the news that he will be out 2-4 weeks due to a moderate to severe sprain of his right ankle, according to Rockets.com reporter Jason Friedman.
Hayes has been the starting center in Houston lately — yes, at 6’6” because the Rockets are going small and running. On the season he has averaged six points and six boards a game, playing 21.5 minutes, but those numbers have been up recently as a starter.
Look for Brad Miller and Jordan Hill to get more minutes until Hayes returns.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 3
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39