Dec 30, 2010, 10:14 PM EDT
You knew it was not going to be good when reports surfaced that Rockets forward Chuck Hayes had to leave practice Tuesday in a wheelchair.
Now comes the news that he will be out 2-4 weeks due to a moderate to severe sprain of his right ankle, according to Rockets.com reporter Jason Friedman.
Hayes has been the starting center in Houston lately — yes, at 6’6” because the Rockets are going small and running. On the season he has averaged six points and six boards a game, playing 21.5 minutes, but those numbers have been up recently as a starter.
Look for Brad Miller and Jordan Hill to get more minutes until Hayes returns.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 19
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 17
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 48