Dec 30, 2010, 2:40 PM EST
The Atlanta Hawks are heading west for four games but Marvin Williams will be visiting the MRI machine back in Atlanta instead.
Williams will be out for the start of the trip according to a tweet from Michael Cunningham of the Atlanta Journal Constitution. He has what is officially being called a bruised lower back — something that caused him to leave Wednesday night’s game against Golden State — but the reality of the injury may be more clear after the MRI.
It is possible Williams joins up with the Hawks later in the trip, but I wouldn’t bet on it.
Williams has provided a solid 11 points and 5 rebounds in 30 minutes a game this season for Atlanta. Look for Mo Evans and Jamal Crawford to pick up extra minutes.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 3
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 4
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 23
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 28
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0