Dec 30, 2010, 2:40 PM EDT
The Atlanta Hawks are heading west for four games but Marvin Williams will be visiting the MRI machine back in Atlanta instead.
Williams will be out for the start of the trip according to a tweet from Michael Cunningham of the Atlanta Journal Constitution. He has what is officially being called a bruised lower back — something that caused him to leave Wednesday night’s game against Golden State — but the reality of the injury may be more clear after the MRI.
It is possible Williams joins up with the Hawks later in the trip, but I wouldn’t bet on it.
Williams has provided a solid 11 points and 5 rebounds in 30 minutes a game this season for Atlanta. Look for Mo Evans and Jamal Crawford to pick up extra minutes.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 20
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 37
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 8
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2