Dec 30, 2010, 2:40 PM EST
The Atlanta Hawks are heading west for four games but Marvin Williams will be visiting the MRI machine back in Atlanta instead.
Williams will be out for the start of the trip according to a tweet from Michael Cunningham of the Atlanta Journal Constitution. He has what is officially being called a bruised lower back — something that caused him to leave Wednesday night’s game against Golden State — but the reality of the injury may be more clear after the MRI.
It is possible Williams joins up with the Hawks later in the trip, but I wouldn’t bet on it.
Williams has provided a solid 11 points and 5 rebounds in 30 minutes a game this season for Atlanta. Look for Mo Evans and Jamal Crawford to pick up extra minutes.
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 13
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 6
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 11
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (46)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)