Dec 30, 2010, 2:40 PM EST
The Atlanta Hawks are heading west for four games but Marvin Williams will be visiting the MRI machine back in Atlanta instead.
Williams will be out for the start of the trip according to a tweet from Michael Cunningham of the Atlanta Journal Constitution. He has what is officially being called a bruised lower back — something that caused him to leave Wednesday night’s game against Golden State — but the reality of the injury may be more clear after the MRI.
It is possible Williams joins up with the Hawks later in the trip, but I wouldn’t bet on it.
Williams has provided a solid 11 points and 5 rebounds in 30 minutes a game this season for Atlanta. Look for Mo Evans and Jamal Crawford to pick up extra minutes.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 7
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 27
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2