Dec 30, 2010, 4:18 PM EST
Interesting note out of the must-read weekly column at Hoops World from friend-of-this-site coach Anthony Macri:
Right now, Houston’s Kevin Martin is nearly on pace to lead the league in both three pointers made and free throws made. No other player in the history of the NBA has done those two things in one season. Not Larry Bird. Not Reggie Miller. Nobody.
Martin has always drawn a lot of contact and this season has made 239 free throws so far, two ahead of Kevin Durant to lead the league. He is currently fourth in three pointers made with 71, five behind league leader Dorell Wright of Golden State.
Those are two different skills and usually shooting guards excel at one or the other. They are pure shooters who can knock down anything but are less effective driving to create a shot and draw contact; or they are slashers whose outside shooting is spotty.
Martin is doing both as well or better than anyone in the NBA right now. If he pulls it off it would be an interesting bit of history.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 0
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 1
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 16
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 42
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45