Dec 30, 2010, 11:17 AM EDT
Chris Bosh is not exactly the first scoring option on the Heat. Or the second.
But he can rebound. Well, he hasn’t been great at that this season either — he is grabbing 13.3 percent of the available rebounds when he is on the floor, his lowest percentage since his rookie year and well off his 17.7 percent of last year.
But he can do it. And he told the Miami Herald that is his new goal.
“Ten is my number. I’m going to get there. It’s going to be a little tougher than it would if I would have gotten off to a better start. Once I get to 10, I’ll be happy.”
Right now, Bosh is averaging 8.1 rebounds per game. Ben Golliver over at CBS Facts & Rumors pulled out his trusty abacus and did the math — to average 10 a game for the season means Bosh needs to average 11.2 rebounds per game the rest of the way. Doesn’t sound too bad, until you realize that Bosh has never averaged that many a game. And that only four guys in the NBA are doing 11.2 or better right now (Kevin Love, Dwight Howard, Zach Randolph and Blake Griffin). Love Bosh’s game, but he can’t board like those guys.
But aim high. That’s what life is about. (The rest of us just shouldn’t bet on him reaching his goal.)
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 2
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 28
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 13
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 19
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Live Extra: Watch NHL Live postgame show
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger