Dec 29, 2010, 10:11 AM EDT
As we told you yesterday the Houston Rockets are seeing if there is any interest in Yao Ming’s expiring contract around the league.
They did contact the Sacramento Kings but were told, “thanks, but no thanks” according to the Sacramento Bee.
The reason is the discussions started with DeMarcus Cousins, a rookie that — despite some issues with coach Paul Westphal — is not about to be moved. Samuel Dalembert also was in the conversation at one point but that didn’t move the deal along.
As the Bee notes, the Kings would love to land a star player but they need one who can play for them, not just one who saves them cash.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 11
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 22
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30