Dec 29, 2010, 10:11 AM EST
As we told you yesterday the Houston Rockets are seeing if there is any interest in Yao Ming’s expiring contract around the league.
They did contact the Sacramento Kings but were told, “thanks, but no thanks” according to the Sacramento Bee.
The reason is the discussions started with DeMarcus Cousins, a rookie that — despite some issues with coach Paul Westphal — is not about to be moved. Samuel Dalembert also was in the conversation at one point but that didn’t move the deal along.
As the Bee notes, the Kings would love to land a star player but they need one who can play for them, not just one who saves them cash.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 17
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 15
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5