Dec 29, 2010, 10:11 AM EST
As we told you yesterday the Houston Rockets are seeing if there is any interest in Yao Ming’s expiring contract around the league.
They did contact the Sacramento Kings but were told, “thanks, but no thanks” according to the Sacramento Bee.
The reason is the discussions started with DeMarcus Cousins, a rookie that — despite some issues with coach Paul Westphal — is not about to be moved. Samuel Dalembert also was in the conversation at one point but that didn’t move the deal along.
As the Bee notes, the Kings would love to land a star player but they need one who can play for them, not just one who saves them cash.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 0
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7