Dec 29, 2010, 10:11 AM EDT
As we told you yesterday the Houston Rockets are seeing if there is any interest in Yao Ming’s expiring contract around the league.
They did contact the Sacramento Kings but were told, “thanks, but no thanks” according to the Sacramento Bee.
The reason is the discussions started with DeMarcus Cousins, a rookie that — despite some issues with coach Paul Westphal — is not about to be moved. Samuel Dalembert also was in the conversation at one point but that didn’t move the deal along.
As the Bee notes, the Kings would love to land a star player but they need one who can play for them, not just one who saves them cash.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 5
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10