Dec 29, 2010, 10:11 AM EDT
As we told you yesterday the Houston Rockets are seeing if there is any interest in Yao Ming’s expiring contract around the league.
They did contact the Sacramento Kings but were told, “thanks, but no thanks” according to the Sacramento Bee.
The reason is the discussions started with DeMarcus Cousins, a rookie that — despite some issues with coach Paul Westphal — is not about to be moved. Samuel Dalembert also was in the conversation at one point but that didn’t move the deal along.
As the Bee notes, the Kings would love to land a star player but they need one who can play for them, not just one who saves them cash.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15