Dec 29, 2010, 1:32 PM EDT
We don’t know exactly how good the Wizards are going to be with Rashard Lewis as their fancy new stretch four — his first three games with the team have not impressed but there is an adjustment period. Plus, being shipped from a contender to one of the worst teams in the league takes some getting used to mentally.
What we are starting to see is a lot less Al Thornton. He saw just 8 minutes against Houston on Monday, and is being squeezed not only by Lewis now being the starter but also the return of Josh Howard from surgery.
Thornton had his chance, he started 22 games but averaged 9.3 points on 44.2 percent shooting (and 15 percent from three). He was average to a little below average. He played like a guy who probably should be a backup, and that is where he has landed.
Which is a little disappointing, because watching a lot of him his first couple years with the Clippers there was hope. If his shot selection got a little better, if his game matured he could be a quality NBA starter. So far, he hasn’t gotten there.
- Three coaches who could replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 1
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 13
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 43