Dec 29, 2010, 1:32 PM EST
We don’t know exactly how good the Wizards are going to be with Rashard Lewis as their fancy new stretch four — his first three games with the team have not impressed but there is an adjustment period. Plus, being shipped from a contender to one of the worst teams in the league takes some getting used to mentally.
What we are starting to see is a lot less Al Thornton. He saw just 8 minutes against Houston on Monday, and is being squeezed not only by Lewis now being the starter but also the return of Josh Howard from surgery.
Thornton had his chance, he started 22 games but averaged 9.3 points on 44.2 percent shooting (and 15 percent from three). He was average to a little below average. He played like a guy who probably should be a backup, and that is where he has landed.
Which is a little disappointing, because watching a lot of him his first couple years with the Clippers there was hope. If his shot selection got a little better, if his game matured he could be a quality NBA starter. So far, he hasn’t gotten there.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 14
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 60
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13