Dec 29, 2010, 1:32 PM EDT
We don’t know exactly how good the Wizards are going to be with Rashard Lewis as their fancy new stretch four — his first three games with the team have not impressed but there is an adjustment period. Plus, being shipped from a contender to one of the worst teams in the league takes some getting used to mentally.
What we are starting to see is a lot less Al Thornton. He saw just 8 minutes against Houston on Monday, and is being squeezed not only by Lewis now being the starter but also the return of Josh Howard from surgery.
Thornton had his chance, he started 22 games but averaged 9.3 points on 44.2 percent shooting (and 15 percent from three). He was average to a little below average. He played like a guy who probably should be a backup, and that is where he has landed.
Which is a little disappointing, because watching a lot of him his first couple years with the Clippers there was hope. If his shot selection got a little better, if his game matured he could be a quality NBA starter. So far, he hasn’t gotten there.
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 12
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 19
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 52
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22