Dec 29, 2010, 8:48 AM EDT
Portland is very actively looking for trades — GM Rich Cho realizes that the old Roy/Oden plan is dead and it is time to restructure. Andre Miller is drawing a lot of interest and may well be moved.
Marcus Camby also is on the trade block — except he’s not cool with that, according to ESPN’s Chris Broussard. Someone close to Camby told Broussard that if the center were traded to a rebuilding team (such as Charlotte, where he was rumored to be going last week) Camby would seriously consider retiring.
One elite team that reportedly has interest is Orlando, which needs a backup center after sending Marcin Gortat out. Exactly what kind of deal could be swung is unclear but Broussard said they talking.
Frankly, Camby doesn’t want to go to an elite team, either. He would prefer to stay in Portland, where his family is. But this is a business. One that after 15 years of being in Camby could just walk away from if he isn’t happy with the final destination.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 3
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15