Dec 29, 2010, 8:48 AM EDT
Portland is very actively looking for trades — GM Rich Cho realizes that the old Roy/Oden plan is dead and it is time to restructure. Andre Miller is drawing a lot of interest and may well be moved.
Marcus Camby also is on the trade block — except he’s not cool with that, according to ESPN’s Chris Broussard. Someone close to Camby told Broussard that if the center were traded to a rebuilding team (such as Charlotte, where he was rumored to be going last week) Camby would seriously consider retiring.
One elite team that reportedly has interest is Orlando, which needs a backup center after sending Marcin Gortat out. Exactly what kind of deal could be swung is unclear but Broussard said they talking.
Frankly, Camby doesn’t want to go to an elite team, either. He would prefer to stay in Portland, where his family is. But this is a business. One that after 15 years of being in Camby could just walk away from if he isn’t happy with the final destination.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 9
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 25
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 21
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 99
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27