Dec 29, 2010, 8:48 AM EDT
Portland is very actively looking for trades — GM Rich Cho realizes that the old Roy/Oden plan is dead and it is time to restructure. Andre Miller is drawing a lot of interest and may well be moved.
Marcus Camby also is on the trade block — except he’s not cool with that, according to ESPN’s Chris Broussard. Someone close to Camby told Broussard that if the center were traded to a rebuilding team (such as Charlotte, where he was rumored to be going last week) Camby would seriously consider retiring.
One elite team that reportedly has interest is Orlando, which needs a backup center after sending Marcin Gortat out. Exactly what kind of deal could be swung is unclear but Broussard said they talking.
Frankly, Camby doesn’t want to go to an elite team, either. He would prefer to stay in Portland, where his family is. But this is a business. One that after 15 years of being in Camby could just walk away from if he isn’t happy with the final destination.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 0
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 6
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 3
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 44
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33