Dec 29, 2010, 8:48 AM EDT
Portland is very actively looking for trades — GM Rich Cho realizes that the old Roy/Oden plan is dead and it is time to restructure. Andre Miller is drawing a lot of interest and may well be moved.
Marcus Camby also is on the trade block — except he’s not cool with that, according to ESPN’s Chris Broussard. Someone close to Camby told Broussard that if the center were traded to a rebuilding team (such as Charlotte, where he was rumored to be going last week) Camby would seriously consider retiring.
One elite team that reportedly has interest is Orlando, which needs a backup center after sending Marcin Gortat out. Exactly what kind of deal could be swung is unclear but Broussard said they talking.
Frankly, Camby doesn’t want to go to an elite team, either. He would prefer to stay in Portland, where his family is. But this is a business. One that after 15 years of being in Camby could just walk away from if he isn’t happy with the final destination.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 18
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11