Dec 29, 2010, 4:52 PM EDT
Wizards coach Flip Saunders had to leave the team Wednesday morning, missing shoot around due to a family emergency involving his mother.
Now it has been announced he will not coach the Wizards against the Pacers on Wednesday night, according to the Washington Post. Assistant Coach Randy Wittman will sit in the big chair and be frustrated with bad decisions by Washington bigs (it’s part of the job).
No word on if Saunders will miss more games. The Wizards play the second game of a home-and-home with the Pacers on Friday then return to D.C. to face the Hornets Saturday.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 0
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 0
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 24
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15