Dec 29, 2010, 4:52 PM EST
Wizards coach Flip Saunders had to leave the team Wednesday morning, missing shoot around due to a family emergency involving his mother.
Now it has been announced he will not coach the Wizards against the Pacers on Wednesday night, according to the Washington Post. Assistant Coach Randy Wittman will sit in the big chair and be frustrated with bad decisions by Washington bigs (it’s part of the job).
No word on if Saunders will miss more games. The Wizards play the second game of a home-and-home with the Pacers on Friday then return to D.C. to face the Hornets Saturday.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 7
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 35
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11