Dec 29, 2010, 4:52 PM EDT
Wizards coach Flip Saunders had to leave the team Wednesday morning, missing shoot around due to a family emergency involving his mother.
Now it has been announced he will not coach the Wizards against the Pacers on Wednesday night, according to the Washington Post. Assistant Coach Randy Wittman will sit in the big chair and be frustrated with bad decisions by Washington bigs (it’s part of the job).
No word on if Saunders will miss more games. The Wizards play the second game of a home-and-home with the Pacers on Friday then return to D.C. to face the Hornets Saturday.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 0
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10