Dec 29, 2010, 4:52 PM EDT
Wizards coach Flip Saunders had to leave the team Wednesday morning, missing shoot around due to a family emergency involving his mother.
Now it has been announced he will not coach the Wizards against the Pacers on Wednesday night, according to the Washington Post. Assistant Coach Randy Wittman will sit in the big chair and be frustrated with bad decisions by Washington bigs (it’s part of the job).
No word on if Saunders will miss more games. The Wizards play the second game of a home-and-home with the Pacers on Friday then return to D.C. to face the Hornets Saturday.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15