Dec 29, 2010, 4:52 PM EDT
Wizards coach Flip Saunders had to leave the team Wednesday morning, missing shoot around due to a family emergency involving his mother.
Now it has been announced he will not coach the Wizards against the Pacers on Wednesday night, according to the Washington Post. Assistant Coach Randy Wittman will sit in the big chair and be frustrated with bad decisions by Washington bigs (it’s part of the job).
No word on if Saunders will miss more games. The Wizards play the second game of a home-and-home with the Pacers on Friday then return to D.C. to face the Hornets Saturday.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 6
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3