Dec 29, 2010, 9:58 AM EDT
The Chicago Bulls have some pieces — a dynamic point guard, a power forward who can score inside and out, a rebounding and defense focused center (who is out injured), some quality role players.
What they want is a shooting guard who can fit next to Derrick Rose. That’s what they are working hard to trade for and they are considering Stephen Jackson from Charlotte and O.J. Mayo from Memphis according to the Chicago Tribune.
“Jackson is a better shooter and probably is a better fit alongside Rose,” (former USC and NBA assistant coach Kevin) O’Neill said. “Mayo is more of a slasher and wants the ball in his hands to take it to the basket, which takes the ball out of Rose’s hands. (That’s why) Jackson is probably a better complement to Rose.”
The Bulls definitely need a guy at the two who can catch-and-shoot on offense. Jackson is shooting 38.1 percent this season on spot up jumpers but 35.4 percent from three (according to Synergy Sports). Not fantastic but not bad from deep, and he brings some other ways to score to the table.
Mayo, for the record, is shooting 36.3 percent on spot ups but 37.9 percent from three in that situation, and scores slightly more points per possession that way than Jackson.
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 23
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 21
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1