Dec 28, 2010, 10:54 AM EDT
“Obviously, I’d love to stay with the team, but I’m going to be able to get a lot of playing time,” Lin said. “It’s not the end of the world, and I can learn and grow a lot as a player.”
Lin needs that game experience more than he needs to watch NBA games from really amazing courtside seats.
Lin was a sensation at Harvard and Summer League who was undrafted but fought his way on to the Warriors roster with hustle and grit. Someday he may well make a solid rotation point guard. But not right now. When Stephen Curry went down the Warriors immediately signed journeyman Acie Law rather than give key minutes to Lin.
Now he’ll get the minutes in Reno but will likely be back up with the Warriors in a couple months.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6