Dec 28, 2010, 10:54 AM EDT
“Obviously, I’d love to stay with the team, but I’m going to be able to get a lot of playing time,” Lin said. “It’s not the end of the world, and I can learn and grow a lot as a player.”
Lin needs that game experience more than he needs to watch NBA games from really amazing courtside seats.
Lin was a sensation at Harvard and Summer League who was undrafted but fought his way on to the Warriors roster with hustle and grit. Someday he may well make a solid rotation point guard. But not right now. When Stephen Curry went down the Warriors immediately signed journeyman Acie Law rather than give key minutes to Lin.
Now he’ll get the minutes in Reno but will likely be back up with the Warriors in a couple months.
- Report: Clippers just need owner’s approval to finalize Garnett, Rivers trade 6
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 6
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 6
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 14
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 43
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record