Dec 28, 2010, 10:54 AM EST
“Obviously, I’d love to stay with the team, but I’m going to be able to get a lot of playing time,” Lin said. “It’s not the end of the world, and I can learn and grow a lot as a player.”
Lin needs that game experience more than he needs to watch NBA games from really amazing courtside seats.
Lin was a sensation at Harvard and Summer League who was undrafted but fought his way on to the Warriors roster with hustle and grit. Someday he may well make a solid rotation point guard. But not right now. When Stephen Curry went down the Warriors immediately signed journeyman Acie Law rather than give key minutes to Lin.
Now he’ll get the minutes in Reno but will likely be back up with the Warriors in a couple months.
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 0
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 2
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 9
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 7
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 2
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)