Dec 28, 2010, 10:54 AM EDT
“Obviously, I’d love to stay with the team, but I’m going to be able to get a lot of playing time,” Lin said. “It’s not the end of the world, and I can learn and grow a lot as a player.”
Lin needs that game experience more than he needs to watch NBA games from really amazing courtside seats.
Lin was a sensation at Harvard and Summer League who was undrafted but fought his way on to the Warriors roster with hustle and grit. Someday he may well make a solid rotation point guard. But not right now. When Stephen Curry went down the Warriors immediately signed journeyman Acie Law rather than give key minutes to Lin.
Now he’ll get the minutes in Reno but will likely be back up with the Warriors in a couple months.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 32
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 32
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18