Dec 28, 2010, 10:54 AM EST
“Obviously, I’d love to stay with the team, but I’m going to be able to get a lot of playing time,” Lin said. “It’s not the end of the world, and I can learn and grow a lot as a player.”
Lin needs that game experience more than he needs to watch NBA games from really amazing courtside seats.
Lin was a sensation at Harvard and Summer League who was undrafted but fought his way on to the Warriors roster with hustle and grit. Someday he may well make a solid rotation point guard. But not right now. When Stephen Curry went down the Warriors immediately signed journeyman Acie Law rather than give key minutes to Lin.
Now he’ll get the minutes in Reno but will likely be back up with the Warriors in a couple months.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 4
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 6
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 21
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 39
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5