Dec 28, 2010, 11:36 AM EDT
Tracy McGrady had played at least 19 minutes in nine of the Piston’s 10 previous games coming into Monday night’s game in Charlotte, the second night of a back-to-back.
McGrady played 10 minutes in the first half (scoring two points) but none in the second half, and the Detroit Free Press explains why.
He said (Pistons coach John) Kuester asked him to start the fourth quarter, but said he was stiff from missing the entire third quarter.
Interesting. On some level it comes back to trusting McGrady. How much the coach and teammates can trust him when it counts. Does this impact that?
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 4
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10