Dec 28, 2010, 11:36 AM EDT
Tracy McGrady had played at least 19 minutes in nine of the Piston’s 10 previous games coming into Monday night’s game in Charlotte, the second night of a back-to-back.
McGrady played 10 minutes in the first half (scoring two points) but none in the second half, and the Detroit Free Press explains why.
He said (Pistons coach John) Kuester asked him to start the fourth quarter, but said he was stiff from missing the entire third quarter.
Interesting. On some level it comes back to trusting McGrady. How much the coach and teammates can trust him when it counts. Does this impact that?
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 18
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23