Dec 28, 2010, 11:36 AM EDT
Tracy McGrady had played at least 19 minutes in nine of the Piston’s 10 previous games coming into Monday night’s game in Charlotte, the second night of a back-to-back.
McGrady played 10 minutes in the first half (scoring two points) but none in the second half, and the Detroit Free Press explains why.
He said (Pistons coach John) Kuester asked him to start the fourth quarter, but said he was stiff from missing the entire third quarter.
Interesting. On some level it comes back to trusting McGrady. How much the coach and teammates can trust him when it counts. Does this impact that?
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 2
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 8
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11