Dec 28, 2010, 11:36 AM EDT
Tracy McGrady had played at least 19 minutes in nine of the Piston’s 10 previous games coming into Monday night’s game in Charlotte, the second night of a back-to-back.
McGrady played 10 minutes in the first half (scoring two points) but none in the second half, and the Detroit Free Press explains why.
He said (Pistons coach John) Kuester asked him to start the fourth quarter, but said he was stiff from missing the entire third quarter.
Interesting. On some level it comes back to trusting McGrady. How much the coach and teammates can trust him when it counts. Does this impact that?
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 0
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 11
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 66
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49