Dec 28, 2010, 11:36 AM EDT
Tracy McGrady had played at least 19 minutes in nine of the Piston’s 10 previous games coming into Monday night’s game in Charlotte, the second night of a back-to-back.
McGrady played 10 minutes in the first half (scoring two points) but none in the second half, and the Detroit Free Press explains why.
He said (Pistons coach John) Kuester asked him to start the fourth quarter, but said he was stiff from missing the entire third quarter.
Interesting. On some level it comes back to trusting McGrady. How much the coach and teammates can trust him when it counts. Does this impact that?
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50