Dec 28, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
This is the shot of the year so far — even if it didn’t count.
Yes, by the rulebook the refs got this one right. Shots that hit the shot clock are considered dead because the clock is out of play. So what? If you were going to break that rule once, this would be the shot.
It didn’t count, it would not have changed the outcome (the Magic blew the Nets out), but man. Shouldn’t he get some extra credit for hitting this?
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 22
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 21
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26