Dec 28, 2010, 1:46 PM EST
This is the shot of the year so far — even if it didn’t count.
Yes, by the rulebook the refs got this one right. Shots that hit the shot clock are considered dead because the clock is out of play. So what? If you were going to break that rule once, this would be the shot.
It didn’t count, it would not have changed the outcome (the Magic blew the Nets out), but man. Shouldn’t he get some extra credit for hitting this?
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 10
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8