Dec 28, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki’s shot looked just fine — 13 points on 4-of-6 — but he left Monday night’s game against the Thunder in the second quarter with what was officially called a “sore knee” and now will have an MRI on Tuesday.
The play happened when Nowitzki went up for a midrange jumper and was fouled by Serge Ibaka. Nowitzki landed awkwardly and fell to the ground, then left the game.
He had an X-ray that showed no structural damage, according to the Dallas Morning News. However, it is possible Nowitzki will miss some games as he was walking around after the game with a noticeable limp, according to reports.
Nowitzki himself said it might be strained muscle behind the knee, which would require rest.
Nowitzki went down and Shawn Marion stepped up with 20 points to get the Mavs another win. Marion would get the starts if Nowitzki sits.
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 0
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 26
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 22
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26