Dec 28, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki’s shot looked just fine — 13 points on 4-of-6 — but he left Monday night’s game against the Thunder in the second quarter with what was officially called a “sore knee” and now will have an MRI on Tuesday.
The play happened when Nowitzki went up for a midrange jumper and was fouled by Serge Ibaka. Nowitzki landed awkwardly and fell to the ground, then left the game.
He had an X-ray that showed no structural damage, according to the Dallas Morning News. However, it is possible Nowitzki will miss some games as he was walking around after the game with a noticeable limp, according to reports.
Nowitzki himself said it might be strained muscle behind the knee, which would require rest.
Nowitzki went down and Shawn Marion stepped up with 20 points to get the Mavs another win. Marion would get the starts if Nowitzki sits.
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 4
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 5
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 7
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 12
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (98)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'