Dec 28, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki’s shot looked just fine — 13 points on 4-of-6 — but he left Monday night’s game against the Thunder in the second quarter with what was officially called a “sore knee” and now will have an MRI on Tuesday.
The play happened when Nowitzki went up for a midrange jumper and was fouled by Serge Ibaka. Nowitzki landed awkwardly and fell to the ground, then left the game.
He had an X-ray that showed no structural damage, according to the Dallas Morning News. However, it is possible Nowitzki will miss some games as he was walking around after the game with a noticeable limp, according to reports.
Nowitzki himself said it might be strained muscle behind the knee, which would require rest.
Nowitzki went down and Shawn Marion stepped up with 20 points to get the Mavs another win. Marion would get the starts if Nowitzki sits.
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 1
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 34
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17