Dec 28, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki’s shot looked just fine — 13 points on 4-of-6 — but he left Monday night’s game against the Thunder in the second quarter with what was officially called a “sore knee” and now will have an MRI on Tuesday.
The play happened when Nowitzki went up for a midrange jumper and was fouled by Serge Ibaka. Nowitzki landed awkwardly and fell to the ground, then left the game.
He had an X-ray that showed no structural damage, according to the Dallas Morning News. However, it is possible Nowitzki will miss some games as he was walking around after the game with a noticeable limp, according to reports.
Nowitzki himself said it might be strained muscle behind the knee, which would require rest.
Nowitzki went down and Shawn Marion stepped up with 20 points to get the Mavs another win. Marion would get the starts if Nowitzki sits.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 44
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4