Dec 28, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
Dirk Nowitzki’s shot looked just fine — 13 points on 4-of-6 — but he left Monday night’s game against the Thunder in the second quarter with what was officially called a “sore knee” and now will have an MRI on Tuesday.
The play happened when Nowitzki went up for a midrange jumper and was fouled by Serge Ibaka. Nowitzki landed awkwardly and fell to the ground, then left the game.
He had an X-ray that showed no structural damage, according to the Dallas Morning News. However, it is possible Nowitzki will miss some games as he was walking around after the game with a noticeable limp, according to reports.
Nowitzki himself said it might be strained muscle behind the knee, which would require rest.
Nowitzki went down and Shawn Marion stepped up with 20 points to get the Mavs another win. Marion would get the starts if Nowitzki sits.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54