Dec 28, 2010, 4:57 PM EST
Everywhere he has landed in the NBA, Alonzo Gee has heard mostly good things about his skills. He has been told he belongs in the NBA. Then he has been cut.
Gee was the D-League Rookie of the Year, was a favorite with the Washington Wizards, left for more guaranteed money in San Antonio and got good reviews from the Spurs staff. But he keeps getting waived. He has bounced between the two franchises this season and last, only to be let go each time, pushed out by a numbers game at another position.
Now maybe he will finally stick with the Cleveland Cavaliers, who brought him in to replace Jawad Williams, the team announced.
The Cavaliers are desperate for an injection of… anything really. Offense, defense, energy. If you can bring something to the table steadily you can get run with this team right now.
Hopefully Gee can do that. Maybe this can be the place he sticks.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 26
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7