Dec 28, 2010, 4:57 PM EDT
Everywhere he has landed in the NBA, Alonzo Gee has heard mostly good things about his skills. He has been told he belongs in the NBA. Then he has been cut.
Gee was the D-League Rookie of the Year, was a favorite with the Washington Wizards, left for more guaranteed money in San Antonio and got good reviews from the Spurs staff. But he keeps getting waived. He has bounced between the two franchises this season and last, only to be let go each time, pushed out by a numbers game at another position.
Now maybe he will finally stick with the Cleveland Cavaliers, who brought him in to replace Jawad Williams, the team announced.
The Cavaliers are desperate for an injection of… anything really. Offense, defense, energy. If you can bring something to the table steadily you can get run with this team right now.
Hopefully Gee can do that. Maybe this can be the place he sticks.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 26
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 24
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (90)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte