Dec 28, 2010, 11:01 PM EST
Carmelo Anthony missed a fourth game Tuesday night following the death of his sister, but the Nuggets announced that he will return to the team Thursday.
Mark Spears of Yahoo was first with the news on twitter. The Nuggets had lost three in a row without Anthony coming into Tuesday (they had an 18 point lead in the fourth quarter over Portland as of this post). They have one more game on Wednesday against the Timberwolves without Anthony. He will take part in practices and will return to the lineup Saturday against the Kings.
The Nuggets gave Anthony the leave after the family tragedy and also suspended trade talks for him while he was away from the team.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30