Dec 28, 2010, 11:01 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony missed a fourth game Tuesday night following the death of his sister, but the Nuggets announced that he will return to the team Thursday.
Mark Spears of Yahoo was first with the news on twitter. The Nuggets had lost three in a row without Anthony coming into Tuesday (they had an 18 point lead in the fourth quarter over Portland as of this post). They have one more game on Wednesday against the Timberwolves without Anthony. He will take part in practices and will return to the lineup Saturday against the Kings.
The Nuggets gave Anthony the leave after the family tragedy and also suspended trade talks for him while he was away from the team.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49