Dec 28, 2010, 11:01 PM EST
Carmelo Anthony missed a fourth game Tuesday night following the death of his sister, but the Nuggets announced that he will return to the team Thursday.
Mark Spears of Yahoo was first with the news on twitter. The Nuggets had lost three in a row without Anthony coming into Tuesday (they had an 18 point lead in the fourth quarter over Portland as of this post). They have one more game on Wednesday against the Timberwolves without Anthony. He will take part in practices and will return to the lineup Saturday against the Kings.
The Nuggets gave Anthony the leave after the family tragedy and also suspended trade talks for him while he was away from the team.
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)