Dec 28, 2010, 11:01 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony missed a fourth game Tuesday night following the death of his sister, but the Nuggets announced that he will return to the team Thursday.
Mark Spears of Yahoo was first with the news on twitter. The Nuggets had lost three in a row without Anthony coming into Tuesday (they had an 18 point lead in the fourth quarter over Portland as of this post). They have one more game on Wednesday against the Timberwolves without Anthony. He will take part in practices and will return to the lineup Saturday against the Kings.
The Nuggets gave Anthony the leave after the family tragedy and also suspended trade talks for him while he was away from the team.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15