Dec 28, 2010, 11:01 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony missed a fourth game Tuesday night following the death of his sister, but the Nuggets announced that he will return to the team Thursday.
Mark Spears of Yahoo was first with the news on twitter. The Nuggets had lost three in a row without Anthony coming into Tuesday (they had an 18 point lead in the fourth quarter over Portland as of this post). They have one more game on Wednesday against the Timberwolves without Anthony. He will take part in practices and will return to the lineup Saturday against the Kings.
The Nuggets gave Anthony the leave after the family tragedy and also suspended trade talks for him while he was away from the team.
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 1
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 11
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 48
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights