Dec 27, 2010, 9:02 AM EDT
Who had four games/13 days in the pool for how long Steve Francis would last in China? Come on down and collect your winnings.
Reports out of China have the Beijing Shougang Ducks cutting ties with Francis, something his agent confirmed to Sina Sports (via nuibball.com).
Francis played 14 minutes in the four games he was with the team, averaging 0.5 points per game.
The breaking point of the increasingly poor relationship came on Christmas, which is not a holiday really celebrated in China (the government does not sanction a day off). Francis skipped practice to be with his family, something that did not sit well with the team. Francis was not happy with how he was being used, either.
Francis was a name player in China because he was a star when Yao Ming came into the league with the Rockets. Ticket and merchandise sales were reportedly up since Francis’ arrival, it was on the court where the team and player were not getting along.
No word on what Francis plans to do next. Probably retire.
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 93
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 11
- Report: Clippers pull out of talks with Celtics 30
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit 83
- If Spurs win, Tony Parker should be the Finals MVP 24
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (93)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'