Dec 27, 2010, 9:02 AM EDT
Who had four games/13 days in the pool for how long Steve Francis would last in China? Come on down and collect your winnings.
Reports out of China have the Beijing Shougang Ducks cutting ties with Francis, something his agent confirmed to Sina Sports (via nuibball.com).
Francis played 14 minutes in the four games he was with the team, averaging 0.5 points per game.
The breaking point of the increasingly poor relationship came on Christmas, which is not a holiday really celebrated in China (the government does not sanction a day off). Francis skipped practice to be with his family, something that did not sit well with the team. Francis was not happy with how he was being used, either.
Francis was a name player in China because he was a star when Yao Ming came into the league with the Rockets. Ticket and merchandise sales were reportedly up since Francis’ arrival, it was on the court where the team and player were not getting along.
No word on what Francis plans to do next. Probably retire.
- Down 13 Rockets finally play with desperation, come back to beat Clippers, even series 1-1 3
- LeBron’s big night helps Cavs recover to tie series with Bulls 11
- Chris Paul out Game 2 against Rockets 1
- Report: Bulls’ Jimmy Butler wins Most Improved Player 5
- PBT Extra: Mike Conley changes series, but Warriors will start to hit shots again 4
- Last summer Blake Griffin talked to Tim Duncan about leadership 7
- PBT Extra: Will anyone step up and be third scorer for Cavaliers in Game 2? 19
- Doc Rivers on whether Chris Paul plays in Game 2 vs. Rockets: ‘Right now, I just don’t think so’ 4