Dec 27, 2010, 9:02 AM EDT
Who had four games/13 days in the pool for how long Steve Francis would last in China? Come on down and collect your winnings.
Reports out of China have the Beijing Shougang Ducks cutting ties with Francis, something his agent confirmed to Sina Sports (via nuibball.com).
Francis played 14 minutes in the four games he was with the team, averaging 0.5 points per game.
The breaking point of the increasingly poor relationship came on Christmas, which is not a holiday really celebrated in China (the government does not sanction a day off). Francis skipped practice to be with his family, something that did not sit well with the team. Francis was not happy with how he was being used, either.
Francis was a name player in China because he was a star when Yao Ming came into the league with the Rockets. Ticket and merchandise sales were reportedly up since Francis’ arrival, it was on the court where the team and player were not getting along.
No word on what Francis plans to do next. Probably retire.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18