Dec 27, 2010, 2:49 PM EDT
As expected after he let it fly to the media after the Orlando game, Shaquille O’Neal has been fined $35,000 for criticizing the officials, the league has announced.
Shaq played just 12 minutes in the Christmas Day game and was in constant foul trouble. Which happens to guys trying to guard Dwight Howard, but Shaq thought both sides were pushing and only he was getting called on it.
“I guess they (fans) come out to see No. 26 play (referee Bob Delaney wears 26). He was a great player out there today,” O’Neal said. “They paid all that money to see No. 26 come play. My thing is, if you’re going to call it, call it the same way every time. Don’t pick and choose who you are going to call it against.”
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 49
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 35
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18