Dec 27, 2010, 2:49 PM EDT
As expected after he let it fly to the media after the Orlando game, Shaquille O’Neal has been fined $35,000 for criticizing the officials, the league has announced.
Shaq played just 12 minutes in the Christmas Day game and was in constant foul trouble. Which happens to guys trying to guard Dwight Howard, but Shaq thought both sides were pushing and only he was getting called on it.
“I guess they (fans) come out to see No. 26 play (referee Bob Delaney wears 26). He was a great player out there today,” O’Neal said. “They paid all that money to see No. 26 come play. My thing is, if you’re going to call it, call it the same way every time. Don’t pick and choose who you are going to call it against.”
- Reports: LeBron James and agent done meeting with teams 17
- Rockets can’t keep Dwight Howard, James Harden and Chandler Parsons and give Chris Bosh max contract 23
- Donald Sterling in court calls wife “pig,” promises to sue NBA “until I die” 25
- Report: LeBron James leaves meeting with Pat Riley without committing to Heat 79
- Report: Mavericks shake up Rockets’ free-agent plans, agree to offer sheet with Chandler Parsons 33
- Gregg Popovich agrees to extension with Spurs, likely stays past Tim Duncan era 25
- Report: Cavaliers want to swing Kevin Love trade if LeBron James comes to town 48
- NBA salary cap jumps nearly $5 million next year to $63 million, luxury tax line $76.8 million 7