Dec 27, 2010, 2:49 PM EST
As expected after he let it fly to the media after the Orlando game, Shaquille O’Neal has been fined $35,000 for criticizing the officials, the league has announced.
Shaq played just 12 minutes in the Christmas Day game and was in constant foul trouble. Which happens to guys trying to guard Dwight Howard, but Shaq thought both sides were pushing and only he was getting called on it.
“I guess they (fans) come out to see No. 26 play (referee Bob Delaney wears 26). He was a great player out there today,” O’Neal said. “They paid all that money to see No. 26 come play. My thing is, if you’re going to call it, call it the same way every time. Don’t pick and choose who you are going to call it against.”
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 6
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 14
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)