Dec 27, 2010, 2:49 PM EDT
As expected after he let it fly to the media after the Orlando game, Shaquille O’Neal has been fined $35,000 for criticizing the officials, the league has announced.
Shaq played just 12 minutes in the Christmas Day game and was in constant foul trouble. Which happens to guys trying to guard Dwight Howard, but Shaq thought both sides were pushing and only he was getting called on it.
“I guess they (fans) come out to see No. 26 play (referee Bob Delaney wears 26). He was a great player out there today,” O’Neal said. “They paid all that money to see No. 26 come play. My thing is, if you’re going to call it, call it the same way every time. Don’t pick and choose who you are going to call it against.”
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29